Singapore Expats

PR Rejected (Applied in Dec 2013)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
megryanyu

PR Rejected (Applied in Dec 2013)

Post by megryanyu » Wed, 07 May 2014 2:03 pm

Hi Folks,

I think I saw previously there was a post saying he/she got the PR application rejection just after he/she got the EP renewed.

My case is the same. My employment pass just got renewed for another three years in last week and today I checked on my PR application status: it changed from pending to Rejection

Is there any coincidence between the the two applications results?

background:
single
Chinese
Graduated from the US. masters degree
stayed and worked in SG for two years

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 May 2014 4:52 pm

Nope. No coincidence. They just don't see anything of merit worth of giving you PR for. Different person, different background. No two applicants are ever the same.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zhen.83

Post by zhen.83 » Thu, 08 May 2014 1:05 pm

Hi,

May i know which date u apply in Dec 2013?I appli in 04 Dec 2013 still in pending :( :(

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: PR Rejected (Applied in Dec 2013)

Post by the lynx » Thu, 08 May 2014 1:44 pm

megryanyu wrote:Hi Folks,

I think I saw previously there was a post saying he/she got the PR application rejection just after he/she got the EP renewed.

My case is the same. My employment pass just got renewed for another three years in last week and today I checked on my PR application status: it changed from pending to Rejection

background:
single
Chinese
No effect. I have had friends who applied for PR in the middle of EP renewal and got PR approved after new EP was issued.

gd2014

Post by gd2014 » Thu, 15 May 2014 12:53 pm

I submitted my application in Dec 2013 too and my EP got renewed for 3 years in Feb. But my PR status still shows as PENDING!!

Shankar2014

PR got rejected

Post by Shankar2014 » Sat, 17 May 2014 10:51 pm

Hi Friends,
I am Indian, My PR application also got rejected after 6 months. I am working in IT industry as Technical Manager since 2010 June. I am in EP and my wife and 2 year old boy are in DP. I applied Dec 2013 and after 6 months my application was rejected may 10th 2014. I am earning 4.7k per month and paid my tax for 3 years. No idea why my application got rejected after 6 months. Please advice if I applied after 6 months is there a chance to get PR. Some of friends told me better apply next time with out my family might be a chance. Is that true?
Last edited by Shankar2014 on Sat, 17 May 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 May 2014 11:13 pm

Wait until you are on P1 EP status or it's current equivalent. Even then it's going to be iffy. You salary is way low for the position so that is telling ICA that maybe you have already peaked, so they possibly don't see much future in giving you PR.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jiajia0529

Post by jiajia0529 » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 8:57 pm

gd2014 wrote:I submitted my application in Dec 2013 too and my EP got renewed for 3 years in Feb. But my PR status still shows as PENDING!!
i also just got my EP renewed and updated ICA after gotten new EP card at the begining of Aug, now still pending ... but no news is good news

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 7:48 am

megryanyu wrote:Hi Folks,

background:
single
Chinese
I don't get it. With all the collective wisdom recommending people apply after at least five years of stay here, why do people even bother? Or even bother to question why they don't get it?

Isn't PEP the next step after an EP anyway?