Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Fri, 25 Jul 2014 6:08 pm

quixoticism wrote:Hi all,

My previous post got deleted for some reason but luckily I saved a copy. This is very important as I notice more people are gg to Dr Chi (including a couple of friends of friends).

This is my negative experience with Dr Chi at his new clinic in Phuket - Phi Beauty Clinic.

It's long-winded but very important for those planning to go to him so please bear with me.

I had a chin aug (custom-carved button shaped implant which was secured onto my chin bone with titanium screws) via intra-oral incision. It later got infected due to his negligence - I will get to that later. I also had BA done. FYI I paid the same prices as he quotes for his Hatyai clinic - 70k for BA, 20k for chin.

First off, chin implant.
PAIN - I can't stress enough how painful the chin implant was and I don't understand why most people don't mention this. Perhaps it's partly due to the fact that I did an intra-oral incision, but the chin itself really hurt like hell for the first few days and I had difficulty talking etc. The pain was actually comparable to the jawline reduction (i.e. bone cutting) surgery that I did last year, just that the swelling is not as dramatic as the latter. Your chin will be aching for days and yes you can go back to work within a week or a few days but due to lip numbness etc, people will know you did something because your lips will be moving weirdly and the simple action of chewing or even drinking water will hurt as the chin muscles are being utilised. It's impossible to chew at a normal pace and the best part is that you won't know whether food/saliva is dripping out of your mouth till it's too late because your lips and chin will be numb. Glamourous indeed.

BTW your smile might change too, something that I never read about ever, until I started googling for this specific thing after I experienced it myself. On hindsight I think this could actually have been Dr Chi's fault as I rmb waking up halfway through the surgery, screaming my head off in pain and idk if it was the meds but he looked quite annoyed so perhaps he finished suturing up the incision badly, because my lip didn't have any issues on the right side, only the left.

During the follow-up about a week later, I told him that my left side was really painful and felt like it had an ulcer but he insisted that everything looked normal. Ok. I believed him cause my stitches for my jaw surgery also had ulcers and ended up with no issue.

Fast forward 3 weeks post-op and that side still hurts like hell. Worse still, the pain was spreading to my lip and there was uneven swelling so I had a wonky chin. Emailed Dr Chi (without intraoral pics) telling him everything about the pain etc and again, he said it's normal but told me to see a doc if I was worried. He sounded impatient and condescending as this was my 3rd complaint email. I then asked him what antibiotic I was given and it took him over 3 days to get back to me. And I know they normally reply emails every day.

Of course I didn't wait 3 days though. When he didn't reply within 24 hours, I went straight to my family doc and he took one glance and said the infection is very obvious. I described the antibiotic's appearance to him (red and yellow capsule) which he said was Amoxicillin, an antibiotic which docs have been instructed to NEVER prescribe alone because many bacteria alr have resistance to that.

Anyway, when Dr Chi finally replied, he said he gave me Ciprofloxacin 500mg, which I discovered, upon googling, is NOT supposed to be taken with dairy products because the absorption will be reduced by up to 36%. Also it's all in white tablet form and not red and yellow capsules. I had specifically asked him whether there was any foods I shld avoid and he said no.... And because of that, I actually consumed milk every time before taking the meds cuz he said I must take after food but my mouth hurt so much I had little appetite for anything.

So, either
a) He was negligent and failed to inform me that I'm not supposed to take dairy, or
b) He LIED and actually gave me Amoxicillin.

Either way I feel that it was very irresponsible of him, firstly to give me such lousy antibiotics/instructions and secondly to take so long to reply even aft I told him my GP said there's an infection.

Yes it was stupid and naive of me to not ask him what antibiotics were given to me right after the op but still, I feel that this is largely his fault and he failed to take responsibility.

So now, if my infection doesn't clear, I'll have to pay S$400-500 to have the pus drained locally.

Thank God I went to see a local doc instead of listening to Dr Chi saying it's normal. I am lucky that it's not very obvious from the outside, it's mainly slight external and internal swelling and much pain (which has since improved after my local doc's antibiotics).

It was cheap but I ended up paying even more. Will never go back to him again, even though he seemed very patient and nice during the initial consult and follow up. Overall I think he has a good eye for aesthetics. But sorry hor, nice doesn't make up for negligence ok?

Anyway. I had ok surgeries with Charan but was not 100% satisfied either - his technique is there but I am not satisfied with the way my jawbone looks very obviously cut. My nostrils were not symmetrical aft alarplasty. And my eyelids became uneven. So probably won't go back to Thailand again, maybe Korea next time if I do my eyes.

That's it for now. Really hope this helped some of you, do be wise in making your choices x

I concur. I posted my negative experience with him too way back.

Although he seems pretty ok before surgery, post-op he comes across as irresponsible and don't really bother about his patients.

The anaesthesia he uses is suspicious too - i suspect it's very strong hence i was vomitting a lot after surgery.

He may be cheap but choose wisely.
Cry when you get ripped.

Beautygirls

Review Open rhino

Post by Beautygirls » Sun, 27 Jul 2014 11:13 am

Hi all , I review of my new nose with Dr. Chi in Phuket , his clinic.
Last Wednesday I go to Phuket and now I live in Phuket for follow up, I had Open rhinoplasty with Dr. Chi is good job. I do under General Anesthesia, price is 70 k. First step I discuss with him for shape that I like ( I show picture of Korean star, eiei ) then I go to surgery room and the Aesthesiologist put drug for me to sleep , during my surgery not pain, I like it very much. After I wake up I feel pain but doctor give me for pain killer. :lol:
Then I goback to my hotel and take drug that doctor give to me, in the morning next day Oh it's swelling. And afternoon I go to clinic again for follow up with dr.chi . It's ok for my nose. Now my post operation day 4 it improve from first day, I' m happy with him and I stay in Phuket for 7 days for remove stitch, I will show picture after complete , But now I 'm so good with my new nose. If who interest for more detail and contact me. :D :P

student23

Post by student23 » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 1:36 am

Hi all, previously did my double eyelid with Dr Chi and nose + chin implant with Dr Nara.

Happy with my eyes, nose thought it was too conservative and removed my chin implant.

Am considering a jaw implant now. Does anyone know any recommendations for it in Thailand? I think its quite a rare procedure atm. Taiwan does it i think but its really expensive!

Thanks alot again!

ohlala_PS
Regular
Regular

Post by ohlala_PS » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 4:24 am

student23 wrote:Hi all, previously did my double eyelid with Dr Chi and nose + chin implant with Dr Nara.

Happy with my eyes, nose thought it was too conservative and removed my chin implant.

Am considering a jaw implant now. Does anyone know any recommendations for it in Thailand? I think its quite a rare procedure atm. Taiwan does it i think but its really expensive!

Thanks alot again!
http://tokaiclinic.com/clinic/51/Facial ... %20Implant

I was just looking at this, the result looks pretty good

Your best bet would be Thailand for that because they do F2M surgery there more than other places

Are you boy or girl?

I have the high cheekbone square jaw look I like but it makes my face look wide and fat somehow

Maybe I'll go do the V lift that lifts the skin fat and muscle without touching the bone, because I dislike the typical Korean V face look

What was wrong with your chin with Nara?

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 12:56 pm

the korean Vface look is not that nice. it looks weird.

the upper cheeks r full and the face is V. the buccal area is depleted of fat and it is overall not so harmonious

most k pop stars eschew a too V-shape face by avoiding the fat removal n instead do lifting

anyway i letting go my facial (chin lipo) compression garment at $15. let me know if your interested. korean brand, pic available on request. Box still available.. size for child (ive a small face) haha

ohlala_PS
Regular
Regular

Post by ohlala_PS » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 2:12 pm

boii18 wrote:the korean Vface look is not that nice. it looks weird.

the upper cheeks r full and the face is V. the buccal area is depleted of fat and it is overall not so harmonious

most k pop stars eschew a too V-shape face by avoiding the fat removal n instead do lifting

anyway i letting go my facial (chin lipo) compression garment at $15. let me know if your interested. korean brand, pic available on request. Box still available.. size for child (ive a small face) haha
I know the V face doesn't really look good because everyone has it in korea i personally dislike it too

http://thelineclinic.com/wp/?page_id=152

this is the vlift i am considering doing

but i don't want V face I want keep my square face just make it smaller

seems like no one has the answer

i asked everywhere already ...

dirtypop

Dr Nara

Post by dirtypop » Mon, 04 Aug 2014 12:37 am

I have been doing a lot of research on forums and stuff for the past few years before finally deciding to go ahead with Dr Nara. The forummers have helped me alot so I decided to share my 2 cents worth hope you find it useful!

I made the appointment sometime in March and recently made a trip to Hatyai for the surgery.

I did revision blepharoplasty as I had previously done the stitching method in Singapore back in 2012. ( it didnt last - it made my eye bigger though)

I stayed for approx 4 days 3 nights and appointment was made towards the end of my stay but 2 weeks prior to the surgery the nurse actually contacted me to inform me that Dr Nara had to make a trip to Bangkok :O So I had to go to the clinic right after I land (taxi drivers will be able to find it).

The surgery took about 1-2 hours? Not too sure cus I wasnt aware of time. I was supposed to be asleep but I was pretty awake throughout the surgery so I could smell the laser cutting through my lids. The nurses will also tie your hands to the bed haha.

I am quite easy to please so I basically told Nara the issue i had with my eyelids (droopy) and he basically drew my eyes to his satisfaction and proceeded with the surgery (didn't show me haha).

So far so good, healing process was not as good as the girl who did after me maybe because i was smoking and drinking even on the night before the surgery. Took out the stitches on day 4 (by the nurse) Swelling went down by alot and the colour is not as intense after the stitches were off.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need pictures!

Good luck xx

p/s some grammatical error... eyesigh still blurry and maybe spelling errorss

locoroco

Re: Dr Nara

Post by locoroco » Wed, 06 Aug 2014 11:34 pm

dirtypop wrote:I have been doing a lot of research on forums and stuff for the past few years before finally deciding to go ahead with Dr Nara. The forummers have helped me alot so I decided to share my 2 cents worth hope you find it useful!

I made the appointment sometime in March and recently made a trip to Hatyai for the surgery.

I did revision blepharoplasty as I had previously done the stitching method in Singapore back in 2012. ( it didnt last - it made my eye bigger though)

I stayed for approx 4 days 3 nights and appointment was made towards the end of my stay but 2 weeks prior to the surgery the nurse actually contacted me to inform me that Dr Nara had to make a trip to Bangkok :O So I had to go to the clinic right after I land (taxi drivers will be able to find it).

The surgery took about 1-2 hours? Not too sure cus I wasnt aware of time. I was supposed to be asleep but I was pretty awake throughout the surgery so I could smell the laser cutting through my lids. The nurses will also tie your hands to the bed haha.

I am quite easy to please so I basically told Nara the issue i had with my eyelids (droopy) and he basically drew my eyes to his satisfaction and proceeded with the surgery (didn't show me haha).

So far so good, healing process was not as good as the girl who did after me maybe because i was smoking and drinking even on the night before the surgery. Took out the stitches on day 4 (by the nurse) Swelling went down by alot and the colour is not as intense after the stitches were off.

Good luck xx

Hello, so what time did you go to the clinic on the appointed date? And did the price increase once you're there? Could you share what transport you took and which hotel to stay too? Hahah sorry I've quite a lot of questions. Thinking of going in Dec and trying to plan carefully before making the deposit. :)

dirtypop

Post by dirtypop » Fri, 15 Aug 2014 5:13 am

locoroco wrote:
dirtypop wrote:I have been doing a lot of research on forums and stuff for the past few years before finally deciding to go ahead with Dr Nara. The forummers have helped me alot so I decided to share my 2 cents worth hope you find it useful!

Good luck xx

Hello, so what time did you go to the clinic on the appointed date? And did the price increase once you're there? Could you share what transport you took and which hotel to stay too? Hahah sorry I've quite a lot of questions. Thinking of going in Dec and trying to plan carefully before making the deposit. :)
Hello! I went to Nara the moment I landed, you can just go to any of the tour counters to request for a cab to Nara. It should cost you about 250-300 (can try bargaining for 250). Nope price remained the same and I think price has been the same since I heard about Nara back in 2010. I stayed at Lee Gardens. Very near and decently priced. Abit old though. What are you intending to do?

ohlala_PS
Regular
Regular

Post by ohlala_PS » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:00 pm

dirtypop wrote:
locoroco wrote:

Good luck xx

Hello! I went to Nara the moment I landed, you can just go to any of the tour counters to request for a cab to Nara. It should cost you about 250-300 (can try bargaining for 250). Nope price remained the same and I think price has been the same since I heard about Nara back in 2010. I stayed at Lee Gardens. Very near and decently priced. Abit old though. What are you intending to do?
did you make appointment with nara?

i swear they make it so difficult for us to make appointment there

ohlala_PS
Regular
Regular

Post by ohlala_PS » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:12 pm

will be in thailand in october to november for surgery anyone wanna meet up please message me !

also will be in taiwan after in december to january for revision

locoroco

Post by locoroco » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 5:34 pm

Hi. Thanks dirtypop for the reply!

Yeah they take weeks to reply. The nurse told me to pay the deposit within a week to secure my slot in Dec. However, I hesitated because my friend could not go with me and they strongly advised against going HY alone. Anyone wanna go tgr? HAHAHAHA. I'm thinking of doing blepharoplasty and rhinoplasty.

dirtypop

NARS

Post by dirtypop » Sat, 23 Aug 2014 2:29 pm

locoroco wrote:Hi. Thanks dirtypop for the reply!

Yeah they take weeks to reply. The nurse told me to pay the deposit within a week to secure my slot in Dec. However, I hesitated because my friend could not go with me and they strongly advised against going HY alone. Anyone wanna go tgr? HAHAHAHA. I'm thinking of doing blepharoplasty and rhinoplasty.
Welcome! better to go with someone but I dont think you should do both procedures together though :/ cus your nose might look different after double eyelid surgery like my nose used to look longer but post stitching and incisional double eyelid surgery it looks shorter?? haha

likely to be going back to nara for fillers and botx in october. he did a great job for my friend's fillers!

Jane Dunning

Post by Jane Dunning » Sat, 23 Aug 2014 9:12 pm

im researching like crazy and i need to find a skilled dr in thai who can make my asian bulbous nose high and sharp. Im not looking for subtle results as im opting for a very high nose bridge and defined tip. had rhinoplasty in jan 2013 and what a fail it was. There was barely no change and now im frustrated. I just sent a mail to dr prinya but the more i read from others experiences, the more unsure i get. too many negative experiences for me to even feel comfortable letting him touching my nose.

anyone who's had a succesful rhinoplasty in thai? I wish i could go to seoul but the prices are too steep. Ive looked upon yanhee, and yes the prices are good but im doubting about the dr's skills. I wish to do rhinoplasty this or next month. let me know if anyone is doing the same!

Lalaland8625

PS with doctor prinya in hatyai during SEPT anyone???

Post by Lalaland8625 » Mon, 25 Aug 2014 9:45 am

Hi girls, I wish to have my upper eyelid surgery during coming September , interested to look for doctor prinya for my surgery, any girls who will be head to hatyai during September too?

Because was too scared of being alone..... :lol:

Can email me at [email protected]