Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 2:09 am

erm..is jetstarasia good?

Post by Guest » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 6:55 am

jetstar salary is v.v.v.v.low - $1.5k a month GROSS with allowances. you work as a data entry clerk can earn like that already.

Re: sia training

Post by Guest » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 9:25 am

Thx for sharing your point of view! Just another qns.. do u think it is advisable to send a cold cover letter to the HR before they start recruiting on the website and newspaper? i really do not want risk anything that will get me kick out even before they give me a chance.. Sorry to ask so much, but i hope to increase my luck by doing more homework first....[/quote]

Hi there, You can, they will KIV your application, I presume. However, as there are many applications, perhaps it woudl be good to send in your application during the recruitment drive so that they won't forget about the KIVs. Its all up to you really, both ways work.

Post by Guest » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:32 am

Thx again for the reply!
Cheers!

aramis

Re: SIA interview

Post by aramis » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:09 pm

jetlag wrote:Girls & Guys out there,
I heard from some sources that they are still short of cabin crew esp stewards and that a recruitment is coming up soon. Look out for it.

is it true i went for flight steward got otu at the swim round will wan to try again if got the opp which source u heard it from is it reliable

thanks

Post by Guest » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 3:21 pm

Anonymous wrote:jetstar salary is v.v.v.v.low - $1.5k a month GROSS with allowances. you work as a data entry clerk can earn like that already.

quite true.heheh

guest~

Silkair Interview 2

Post by guest~ » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 4:20 pm

Hi ladies! I received an invitation from Silkair for the 2nd interview on this coming friday too! And boy! I am really excited, but, nervous about this at the same time! hehe.

I've a friend who is a Silkair flight attendant. What I know from her was that during the 2nd interview, a swimming test is actually conducted. But this time round, the letter did not state that we must bring our swimming costumes.

So...I wonder what's up for this 2nd round. Any idea anyone?

shania

Re: Silkair Interview 2

Post by shania » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 5:01 pm

guest~ wrote:Hi ladies! I received an invitation from Silkair for the 2nd interview on this coming friday too! And boy! I am really excited, but, nervous about this at the same time! hehe.

I've a friend who is a Silkair flight attendant. What I know from her was that during the 2nd interview, a swimming test is actually conducted. But this time round, the letter did not state that we must bring our swimming costumes.

hi,
jus wanna know if you got the reply today or last wk? i haven got mine yet. kinda anxious.

Guest.

Post by Guest. » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 5:06 pm

guest~ wrote:Hi ladies! I received an invitation from Silkair for the 2nd interview on this coming friday too! And boy! I am really excited, but, nervous about this at the same time! hehe.

Which day did u go for the interview? I also haven't got any reply from Silkair... :cry: I went on the 2nd day. Ur reply is by mail or they actually ring u?

Glower

Post by Glower » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 5:06 pm

Hi, I am a silkair stewardess. 2 yrs back when i attended the interview it was like this:
1st round - at Mandarin Hotel 10 to 1, intro and read announcement
2nd round- at STC, measure your height again, 6 is to 1 open discussion, slight intro also
3rd round - tea break (during the tea break they will announce who to go to the next round)
4th round - Swimming and body check
5th round - at another office near Changi with mgmt people
one whole day
Most importantly, just be yourself, smile and do not act SMART and be humble. Do not go with painted red nails and thick make up and tie your hair in a bun, you will look like a wannabe and thats not what they want.
Good Luck and see you in Silkair if you can make it!

Blue

Post by Blue » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 5:16 pm

Guest. wrote:

Which day did u go for the interview? I also haven't got any reply from Silkair... :cry: I went on the 2nd day. Ur reply is by mail or they actually ring u?
I went on the 2nd day. And I have gotten my reply last Saturday through the post. I didn't receive any phone call from them. So I'm afraid this spells bad news for you this time. *HUGZ*

Post by Guest » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 5:28 pm

hi to all those at the emirates interview today... can share how they conduct the interviews and what questions were asked?? thanx alot!

shania

Silkair Interview 2

Post by shania » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 5:44 pm

[quote="Glower"]Hi, I am a silkair stewardess. 2 yrs back when i attended the interview it was like this:
1st round - at Mandarin Hotel 10 to 1, intro and read announcement
2nd round- at STC, measure your height again, 6 is to 1 open discussion, slight intro also
3rd round - tea break (during the tea break they will announce who to go to the next round)
4th round - Swimming and body check
5th round - at another office near Changi with mgmt people
one whole day
Most importantly, just be yourself, smile and do not act SMART and be humble. Do not go with painted red nails and thick make up and tie your hair in a bun, you will look like a wannabe and thats not what they want.
Good Luck and see you in Silkair if you can make it!

Glower,
jus wondering if you know whether they sent out the invitation letter for 2nd interview all at one go or they sent out in batches? i haven received yet... while others received last fri or sat. So i'm out?

Post by Guest » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 6:03 pm

Hi,
Did anyone who didn't go for the Silkair walk-in and applied thru email and had receieved a reply from Silkair?

Guest Star

Re: emirates

Post by Guest Star » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:22 am

wannabee wrote:
Anonymous wrote:does anyone one how the emirates conduct the interview.. plzz share with us.. plzz.. thx
i went for the emirates interview. was kicked out on the first round. i believe due to my acne scars. they arent as anal as SQ where height is concerned. i am 156cm but they didnt ask me to leave but gave me a chance to go for the first round. i was also asked to reach for the 212cm marking on tiptoes which isn't that very difficult really, u just need to stretch. during the first round a group of 10 of us were asked to sit in a circle. the interviewer gave us a topic to discuss. i was surprised that some of the girls in the group didnt even take the initiative to open their mouths. 3 were selected out of the group. i heard the other rounds r pretty similar to the first one. i'm gg for laser treatment for my acne scars n will try again in the future shld they conduct a recruitment again.

Hi with regards to the acne scars and that you're going for laser tmt to remove them. are your scars that bad? I've bump into one SQ gal yest and noticed her complexion is troubled. guess she got the problem after joining SIA..