Singapore Expats

S Pass rejection and appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Ansar Rauf

S Pass rejection and appeal

Post by Ansar Rauf » Wed, 13 Aug 2014 3:08 pm

Hi,
I am doing Masters from NTU, and under MOE service obligation (3yrs).
I got job recently when I had completed my masters and awaiting degree. Employer applied for EP/S pass with salary 3.5K+. It got rejected after few days.
Employer asked me for MOE obligation supporting document and letter from University stating that I have completed all the requirements of the degree and awaiting conferment. Appeal filed two days ago. What are the chances? Please advice .
Thanks in advance.

luminicious

Post by luminicious » Thu, 14 Aug 2014 10:22 am

If they reject your EP / S Pass application even though you have a service obligation with MOE. Doesn't that means you won't need to serve your obligation since ICA or MOM doesn't approve of you? 8-) 8-)

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:10 am

i don't think it's as easy as that - i mean, anyone can find a job that will not get them a work pass.

the OP may have to prove he has tried hard yet consistently been unable to land a work pass not through a genuine defect in him but the "system."

this also doesn't mean his service obligation will be "cancelled" by MOE... it will probably just be deferred.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam