Singapore Expats

LTVP+ approved but LoC still pending- why?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Humera Hasan

LTVP+ approved but LoC still pending- why?

Post by Humera Hasan » Sun, 03 Aug 2014 3:43 am

i am spouse of a singaporean.i was working on work permit .i applied for PR through my MP and i got the approval letter of LTVP+.i cancel my work permit and opted for LTVP+ on 2nd july 2014.my company applied for my LOC on 5th july 2014.the application status is still showing pending.i am v worried as i am supporting my singaporean daughters n household expenses.its arnd one month the status is pending.i call MOM they told me ask ur company to call us.i call my company and request to call MOM they told me dont worry they are processing and has not requested for any document.i am v concern why is it taking soo long for letter of consent it states in the web site it takes from one day to a week for approval.i like my company and v keen to work there. any body has any idea how long time LOC approval take.thanks

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 03 Aug 2014 9:29 am

Letter of Consent is not guaranteed for LTVP+ holders.

If I understand right, you applied for PR but were given LTVP+ instead? Or were you simply offered it and accepted? If the latter, you might not wanted to have taken it.