Singapore Expats

PR rejected, seeking for advices to appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 1:34 pm

kingleeny wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
kingleeny wrote: Mine was a rejection letter stating I can reside in Singapore during my current valid pass. It had nothing about applying later. I have descent account size in Singapore $3 Million + and Business owner. What is the difference between the 2 statements.
Quite simply, it means they are not interested in you becoming a PR here. You are welcome to stay and work on your current employment pass at the status quo but PR isn't going to happen. Therefore, if you are here to only make some money, you are good, but if you are looking to immigrate somewhere, then Singapore is not going to be that destination. The other letter is saying that you have a chance but you will have to wait out the currently acceptable waiting time before they will process your application further (again, this is still not a guarantee that you will be ultimately accepted for PR or for SC at some future date as well).

As far as a decent bank account, they could care less. It could be your parents money. There are plenty of business owners here who are 'scraping by' so that doesn't really hold any water either. This especially if the business is small, e.g., one or two man operation and/or not employing Singaporeans or a disproportionately small number of locals.

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean that I shouldn't try applying again anytime soon. The business I own is an Investment Management Company. I have private investments into local businesses that employees 6 Singaporeans/PRs. My recommendation came from powerful CEO or CFO of major financial corporations. I have been in this line of business for over 28 years. I feel that I am pretty skilled at my position. Does this even compromise when I renew my own EP that I own the business of?

What do you want PR for?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

uniquelyjaneo

Re: PR rejected, seeking for advices to appeal

Post by uniquelyjaneo » Tue, 05 Mar 2019 4:15 pm

I've seen people with over 5 rejections apply for the 6th time and get approved though! So don't give up!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Mar 2019 8:45 pm

How many? One? Probably anecdotal at that.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

uniquelyjaneo

Post by uniquelyjaneo » Tue, 05 Mar 2019 9:44 pm

They actually showed me their rejection forms, so I doubt it was anecdotal lol

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Mar 2019 1:08 pm

How many are 'they'? Where 'they' a single family?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers