Singapore Expats

Teaching in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
SmokeyMurray

Teaching in Singapore

Post by SmokeyMurray » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 1:45 am

My wife and I are both Teachers in Scotland. I am a Computing Science teacher with 9 years experience, and my wife is a Primary teacher with 15 years experience.

We have a young family, two children age 5 and 3.

Is it possible, to find jobs in Singapore, with a school and accommodation, say for 2-3 years?

Do you need to have a TEFL qualification in order to do this? Ideally, I would teach in a High School, in IT, while my wife would work in Primary school.

Has anyone done this, or can anyone please point me in the right direction to explore this avenue.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks.

S. Murray

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Teaching in Singapore

Post by taxico » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 2:29 am

SmokeyMurray wrote:My wife and I are both Teachers in Scotland. I am a Computing Science teacher with 9 years experience, and my wife is a Primary teacher with 15 years experience.

We have a young family, two children age 5 and 3.

Is it possible, to find jobs in Singapore, with a school and accommodation, say for 2-3 years?

Do you need to have a TEFL qualification in order to do this? Ideally, I would teach in a High School, in IT, while my wife would work in Primary school.

Has anyone done this, or can anyone please point me in the right direction to explore this avenue.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks.

S. Murray
search the forum... use teach or teacher and you'll find plenty of answers.

you two will, in all likelihood, have to look for work in International Schools.

fun fact: john mackintosh teaches at nanyang girls high school (a local but independent secondary school).
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam