Singapore Expats

ship E-bike from China to Spore

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
coucoujess

ship E-bike from China to Spore

Post by coucoujess » Tue, 22 Jul 2014 2:31 pm

Does anyone know any imported taxes or GST will be charged while I shipped my E-bike (worked with a battery without engine) from China to Spore? And also, do I need a driving licence to ride it? Can I ride it on the pedestrian ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Jul 2014 2:42 pm

Don't need a license to ride one, but you do need it certified for usage in Singpaore as they are limited to 200 watts maximum power output and maximum speed of 25 kmph so if capable of more than than, it must be equipped with a automatic battery shutoff upon reaching 25kmph.
Motorised bicycles that meet the following requirements will be treated like conventional bicycles and exempted from registration with LTA:

-The construction of a motorised bicycle must be similar to that of a conventional bicycle;
-The motorised bicycle can only be powered by an electric source;
-The maximum power output of the motorised bicycle must not exceed 200 watts;
-The motor power of the motorised bicycle can only cut in when the rider starts to pedal; and
-The motor power of the motorised bicycle must be cut off when it reaches 25km/h or when the rider stops pedalling.
Type Approval and Certification Scheme
To ensure that the motorised bicycles sold in the market meet the approved technical requirements, LTA will also introduce a type approval scheme for motorised bicycles from 1 October 2004.
Every new make and model of motorised bicycle must obtain type-approval from any of the LTA-authorised vehicle inspection centres. Each approved bicycle must also be affixed with a seal by the inspection centre before it can be sold or used on public roads in Singapore.
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/o ... ycles.html
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Re: ship E-bike from China to Singapore

Post by taxico » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:29 pm

coucoujess wrote:Does anyone know any imported taxes or GST will be charged while I shipped my E-bike (worked with a battery without engine) from China to Singapore? And also, do I need a driving licence to ride it? Can I ride it on the pedestrian ?
7% gst for purchases above SGD$400 - based on what is declared on your import...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Thu, 31 Jul 2014 12:14 am

Moreover, GST applies not just to the value of the goods but happens to kick in once you cross the threshold for value of goods + cost of shipping + cost of insurance. You need to add all of those up.