Singapore Expats

EAGLES landing at THE JUBAN STAND on 25 July!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:05 am

the lynx wrote:Darn, I missed the performances by raj and Barnsley (and Bar Uncle)!

Where did you all wander off to after Juban Stand?
I didn't sing! i left at 1 am with squirrel, but you can join in the singing if you like next time. :P
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by nanana » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 1:49 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:We ended up on Circular Road at a Karaoke dive called "Coyote" and my poor ears took a real beating! Aster knows some really shady looking characters (but actually pretty friendly), I must say! :lol:
take me there! take me there! i love to sing! though songs that i sing these days are limited to 'twinkle-twinkle little star','incy-wincy spider', and 'the wheels on the bus' (top 3 most requested songs). :lol:

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 4:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:We ended up on Circular Road at a Karaoke dive called "Coyote" and my poor ears took a real beating! Aster knows some really shady looking characters (but actually pretty friendly), I must say! :lol:
To give an idea... do you remember this movie Goldfinger with James Bond? There was a Korean guy there killing people whit his hat... so we enter the place and we see a guy looking more less the same (well dressed differently).

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 4:55 pm

I remember the film. The chap used his hat as a frisbee to chop the head off a marble statue 50 metres away.

'Take that as a warning, Mr. Bond' .... lol

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 8:56 pm

The people there are very friendly, that is true. :)

Cyclone was the place, in fact it was the only joint I know in the area apart from another bar on Circular Road where this guy Hanley is the owner. Not a huge fan of karaoke bars overall, but this one is slightly different in that it doesn't drown the place with volume turned up to the max. Oh, and there is a pool table. :)

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 9:11 pm

Barnsley wrote:Me n the Uncle from the bar Aster took us to are going to form a Bee Gees tribute act :D
Yeah, that guy sure likes his singing. He's there on most days and when he's really in the mood he'll even pop out to some of the other bars for a quick song or two and then head straight back. :)

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:14 pm

Yes, all the good ladies had left.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:49 pm

Hannieroo wrote:Yes, all the good ladies had left.
I'd be more stressed is all the bad ones left :wink:

kaseyma
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kaseyma » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:35 pm

x9200 wrote:To give an idea... do you remember this movie Goldfinger with James Bond? There was a Korean guy there killing people whit his hat... so we enter the place and we see a guy looking more less the same (well dressed differently).

Harold Sakata, who wrestled as Tosh Togo and played Oddjob in Goldfinger, is from Hawaii and is Japanese (not Korean).

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Thu, 31 Jul 2014 1:41 am

We had a great time overall, certainly a record number of people still present at 3am+ , at least from my experience so far.

What was that last song that Barnsley sang btw? Some interesting lyrics there referring to a "gangbang" as far as I recall...:)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Jul 2014 7:03 am

^^This! :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 31 Jul 2014 8:47 am

JR8 wrote:
Hannieroo wrote:Yes, all the good ladies had left.
I'd be more stressed is all the bad ones left :wink:
I would imagine what kind of ladies would the ones be, who remained and joined in a girly karaoke bar with the guys at ungodly hours. :wink:

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 31 Jul 2014 9:04 am

I imagine it'd be the kind of women who don't feel constrained by what patriarchal society judges as appropriate. It wasn't a girlie bar.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:07 am

Twas more like a normal pub with a pool table, weird beer & a Karaoke machine. Not a typical Karaoke Pub or KTV Lounge. Just an interesting collection of nightowls hanging around. :)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 1:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Twas more like a normal pub with a pool table, weird beer & a Karaoke machine. Not a typical Karaoke Pub or KTV Lounge. Just an interesting collection of nightowls hanging around. :)
I think the beer was Dester.

yeh... it was a good little.place.... can Karaoke with no hassles.
Life is short, paddle harder!!