Singapore Expats

US Style Soccer or Swim Club

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Miller_o

US Style Soccer or Swim Club

Post by Miller_o » Thu, 24 Jul 2014 9:59 am

One thing I think we'll miss from the states is the soccer club. We practiced once a week and had games on the weekends. My kids are also coming to the age where they'd join a neighborhood swim team in the US. Are there any such clubs in Singapore?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: US Style Soccer or Swim Club

Post by the lynx » Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:21 am

Miller_o wrote:One thing I think we'll miss from the states is the soccer club. We practiced once a week and had games on the weekends. My kids are also coming to the age where they'd join a neighborhood swim team in the US. Are there any such clubs in Singapore?
I personally do not know what is a US style soccer or swim club but I can tell you that there are swim clubs/teams your children can join in the schools they are studying in. Or if you want private clubs, consider Singapore Swimming Club and country clubs, they have their own teams.

Or Fighting Fish, they have a programme for kids. http://www.thefightingfish.com/SubTabGe ... bid_=24364

Editl: Turns out there are a whole lot more! But it is mix of schools, polytechnics, swim schools and clubs. Have fun!
http://swim.isport.com/swimming-teams/?&l=&k=&ct=SG

jk21
Regular
Regular

Post by jk21 » Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:43 pm

When it comes to soccer, there are many options. From clubs like ANZA, ISA, and JSSL. How old is your child? Boy/girl? Rec or select?