Singapore Expats

What else is Israel supposed to do?

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 21 Jul 2014 1:56 am

Point taken... and it is a good quote.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 21 Jul 2014 4:58 am

Im not sure if Israel and Singapore are in the same situation. Sure there are rockets being fired into Israel but Gaza is under blockade. Given that the casualties stand at 800 plus to 10 or so I think this is not a war but more akin to slaughter.

No one is firing rockets into Singapore, Singapore isnt blockading anyone, I think the comparison is a bit off. SGPs neighbors are not unfriendly (or at all considering how many of them are here and how often SGPers go to their counties) compared to whats happening there.

Equating the situation in Gaza to here is misguided.[/quote]

Obviously you are not well versed in Singapore Five Pronged Defence. We are trained by the Israelis for god sake !!!
We were are and still go to Israel on defence exchange programme. Guess what do we do there ? Play marbles ?
I , like jp and worked on both side of the wall. Go on the ground and you can see the disparity and treatment by Israelis to the Palestinians.
Singapore defence model was formed by the Israelis and Goh KS which was a big fan of Israel likens Singapore like Israel and surrounded by Muslim countries.
This fear has a flow on effect to LKY and that is why we have a defence budget of approx 3 to 4 % every year
When Chaim Herzog came here in the early 80s , it was a calculated gamble to see how the rest of the countries surrounding Singapore would react.
You do not know what we went through when he was here. Never in my watch we had 3 brigades on 1 NTM.
Go to Pasir Laba and Mandai, those Missile Hills, where are they facing ?
I think you are very misplaced on your assumptons
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JustSee » Mon, 21 Jul 2014 5:37 pm

See what you've done JR8? :P