Singapore Expats

In search of Bun Cha?

Share your favourite eating haunts!
Michael X
Regular
Regular

In search of Bun Cha?

Post by Michael X » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 7:54 am

Any one know if this awesome North Vietnamese specialty is available anywhere in Singapore? I have come across countless Vietnamese restaurants, but sadly none serving bun cha.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: In search of Bun Cha?

Post by the lynx » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 9:16 am

Michael X wrote:Any one know if this awesome North Vietnamese specialty is available anywhere in Singapore? I have come across countless Vietnamese restaurants, but sadly none serving bun cha.
Good luck with that. I've been searching for bun cha also! Most of them are serving the typical Southern Vietnamese cuisine. The closest to the North I can find so far is bun bo Hue. Not even a decent banh.

littlepuppet

Post by littlepuppet » Sun, 28 Jul 2013 1:02 am

There is northern Vietnamese cuisine restaurant newly opened in Amara shopping center, level 2 or 3. I is quite easy to spot that one once you go up the elevator.

I talked to the waitress. She said they even have "cha ca La Vong" but was in a rush so did nt try yet.

Gonna come back soon.

Michael X
Regular
Regular

Post by Michael X » Thu, 01 Aug 2013 1:49 pm

littlepuppet wrote:There is northern Vietnamese cuisine restaurant newly opened in Amara shopping center, level 2 or 3. I is quite easy to spot that one once you go up the elevator.

I talked to the waitress. She said they even have "cha ca La Vong" but was in a rush so did nt try yet.

Gonna come back soon.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, I will check it out.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 01 Aug 2013 1:52 pm

littlepuppet wrote:There is northern Vietnamese cuisine restaurant newly opened in Amara shopping center, level 2 or 3. I is quite easy to spot that one once you go up the elevator.

Gonna come back soon.
Ooh, cha ca la vong too?! I'm so gonna check this out. And maybe hop over to the Alphabet Bar downstairs for drinks after dinner!

Vietnamese food FTW!

Sydney2011

In search of good Pho

Post by Sydney2011 » Fri, 11 Jul 2014 9:58 pm

Does anyone know of a good authentic Pho place in Singapore?
Please don't say NamNam

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: In search of good Pho

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 12 Jul 2014 12:39 am

Sydney2011 wrote:Does anyone know of a good authentic Pho place in Singapore?
Please don't say NamNam
They don't exist. Nam nam is the closest. There are some random places on Joo Chiat, but the quality isn't too hot. This is all per my Vietnamese wife. She actually doesn't mind Nam Nam.

Btw, she makes some killer Bun Cha. The Southern Vietnamese dish which is kinda sorta similar which you can find in Singapore is called 'Bun Thit Nuong'. Add 'Bo' into that if you want beef instead of pork.

kaseyma
Chatter
Chatter

Re: In search of good Pho

Post by kaseyma » Fri, 18 Jul 2014 7:08 pm

Sydney2011 wrote:Does anyone know of a good authentic Pho place in Singapore?
Please don't say NamNam
Saw a Pho place in Chinatown Point - Pho Tam Anh.

However, was just passing by, so haven't yet stopped to try.