Singapore Expats

I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Stacyturner

I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to

Post by Stacyturner » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 8:51 pm

Hi,

I have a website and quite a few members have suggested that adding a chat room would be a great idea.

I'm searching for something I might be able to integrate well into my site.

Has anyone tried [sanitized by moderator]?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Jul 2014 2:23 am

Who is your ISP?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:26 am

ISP is from Vietnam while the IP pool is pointing to Cambodia.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:26 pm

OP - go to any US based ISP... look at what they offer... most ISP's that use cpanel as the account manager offer a bunch of software that can be automatically plugged in.

It's not really called "chat roomz" any more... rather, "social networking"... you can add chat and a bunch more stuff. A few examples:

Dolphin, Oxwall, Jcow, Elgg, Beatz, Etano, PeoplePods... all from my ISP's inventory of software.

Or, maybe you are more interested in guest books that let people comment about your web pages.

Stacyturner

Post by Stacyturner » Wed, 03 Sep 2014 9:03 pm

Well, if someone is interested in a chat room for his trading website like me than I became and expert in this field. Here are my experience with finding the best one for my radio station.

1 - First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both mobile and pc.

2 - I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find.

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos and upload charts and technical analysis.

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, [sanitized by Moderator] and [sanitized by Moderator].
I choose [sanitized by Moderator] finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar and it allows me to attach files.

Since I could not find answers in this forum, than I hope this overview will help someone.[/img]

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 04 Sep 2014 7:01 am

I must admit I kind of admire your persistence, planning and a bit (just a bit) more sophisticated approach comparing to the most common type of spammers. Still you are just a spammer and your account is now locked.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Sep 2014 8:22 am

:devil:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

aphelionx

Post by aphelionx » Sun, 14 Sep 2014 1:18 am

Have you tried this? http://chatango.com/
You can post youtube or image links and it shows up. For something that is free I think this should be okay.
Hope it helps