Singapore Expats

How to blacklist a Pinoy(PR) entering to SG?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Zaitun

How to blacklist a Pinoy(PR) entering to SG?

Post by Zaitun » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 6:42 am

there are giving more & more problems to SG, the worse thing is most of them're holding Singapore PR, I wonder how to make them blacklist by ICA?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 6:52 am

I'll go get my coat..
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 6:58 am

Zaitun wrote:there are giving more & more problems to SG, the worse thing is most of them're holding Singapore PR, I wonder how to make them blacklist by ICA?
Zaitun, How to blacklist yourself? The worsething about you is your holding citizenship in all probability. You are one of the reasons Singapore is having problems. I wonder how to make them blacklist you by ICA. You are a pretty pathetic piece of work, an insult to your country and an embarrassment to your parents. They didn't deserve a racist slimeball like you. In fact, you are a pretty sick puppy, considering that you 'like' this kind of thing.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx5UCGF-NJY
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 7:56 am

Sometimes I think Sigmund Freud would have a field day in this country, especially regarding the Singapore Chinese dislike of the dreaded "PRC." This, from a group of people who are in some cases only one generation removed from "PRC-dom" themselves. Suppressed self-loathing? Who knows, but interesting and dismaying nonetheless….

Maybe I've read too much Straits Times, Stomp and The Real Singapore, but the vocal majority's increasingly hostile backlash toward FTs is pretty amazing. Not that there aren't these same opinions toward non-citizens in the US (and probably every country), but it seems to be getting more over-the-top here. Or maybe it's just me being cranky….

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: How to blacklist a Pinoy(PR) entering to SG?

Post by the lynx » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 9:05 am

Zaitun wrote:there are giving more & more problems to SG, the worse thing is most of them're holding Singapore PR, I wonder how to make them blacklist by ICA?
Are you talking about them in general, or just a specific group known to you, like in workplace, neighbourhood etc?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 9:11 am

uscate,

It's a matter of perception. Just like the kiasuism trait here that has become a catchword for all things that are socially unacceptable. They will say we are kiasu and/or just being pragmatic (in the kiasu Singlish definition of the term). But these traits are found in every country in the world. The difference is that in a barrel of 100 apples, you find two rotten apples. So be it. That the average. But if you come across a barrel that has 50% more bad apples in it, it is noticeable and then becomes a stereotype of that country. Not because the majority are that way but a larger percentage of the population are so it becomes more noticeable, nothing more. Also, the maladjusted are usually the noisiest as well.

When is come to their hatred of the Pinoy, I seriously believe it is due to the Pinoy's more likable personality. Singaporean's by far and large, have terrible personalities, brought on by greed in my opinion, greed and being spoiled by their parents (little mandarins?).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 9:22 am

Say it to my face, you pathetic coward. You're only tough when you think no pinoy hears you or on the internet.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:11 am

^^ +1 Hear! Hear! :cool:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:45 am

how about the Filipinos holding Singapore passport?
how about the filipinos married to Singaporeans ?
how about the filipinos who have kids holding Pink IC?

how are they giving problem to you, btw?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:50 am

ecureilx wrote: how are they giving problem to you, btw?
Most likely by being more successful and happy than him in every quantifiable way.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:04 am

zzm9980 wrote:
Most likely by being more successful and happy than him in every quantifiable way.
OP is a female. Judging from her name. Unless he is pretending as one. (Don't worry, I'm just being helpful) :P

Nihility
Regular
Regular

Post by Nihility » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:10 am

There seems to be a bit of a trend developing and please correct me if I'm wrong:

2014 - Anti Pinoy
2013 - Anti Angmoh
2012 - Anti PRC
2011 - ??

:shock:

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:30 am

the lynx wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
OP is a female. Judging from her name. Unless he is pretending as one. (Don't worry, I'm just being helpful) :P
Sexually frustrated too then? :D

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:38 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: When is come to their hatred of the Pinoy, I seriously believe it is due to the Pinoy's more likable personality. Singaporean's by far and large, have terrible personalities, brought on by greed in my opinion, greed and being spoiled by their parents (little mandarins?).
Lol! Wouldn't surprise me :lol: :roll:

Pinoys are in general more 'settled', content, and friendly: Even when they have much much less. Man that's got to really cut-up kiasu SGns big time, how could it be?! :)

Also. An element of SGns seem to have a psychological need to have a section of society to dislike and put down. Perhaps a vent and release for their own frustrations? Hence the highly odious (to me) general disdain for anyone from the sub-continent. Is it a variant of bullying perhaps? Someone who is bullied often finds someone else 'beneath them' to dislike and bully too...

I can't say I've been anywhere else where race is a daily issue and topic*. Well, maybe Israel has parallels, but it's a rare thing to experience IMO. One wonders why this simmering hatred is tolerated here. A useful distraction ['bread and circuses']? Jeez, it took a foreign company no less, Coca Cola, to suggest appreciating foreign workers ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj4A6g2GP30 ['Coke Drones' advertisement].

* Elements of it are super-micro-managed, and yet others seem to be completely ignored/tolerated. Curious.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:48 am

Sometimes I feel like grabbing one of the xenophobes by shoulders, shake him/her and ask,

"WHO do you really have problems with?!

The construction, cleaning, landscape workers picking up jobs you think that's too low for you?

Or the research, analyst, entrepreneurs picking up jobs you do not have the skills/tenacity for and providing employment at the same time?

Which battles are you, sitting on your lazy whiny bums, hoping for the gahmen to fight for you?!"

/rant