Singapore Expats

LTVP Plus will approve or not? Spouse holding WP

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Abid Ali

LTVP Plus will approve or not? Spouse holding WP

Post by Abid Ali » Thu, 10 Jul 2014 7:16 pm

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and would like to ask if anyone has been through my situations having the same circumstances like me.
I am a Pakistani, married a Singaporean. My wife is graduated in material engineering from NTU in 2009. She was working temp jobs till 2012 and now in a permanent job since 1.5 years earning 3k/month in bank.
I graduated in mechanical engineering in 2012 from a reputed university in pakistan in 2012 married my wife on 20th april 2012. I am currently working on Work permit earning 1.8k/month.
We got a baby girl one month ago. I applied for my LTVP Plus on 1st of july and is waiting for the result.
Please give me the advice if my decision to apply for ltvp plus is ok or not. Is there any chances, it will be accepted?
Shall i apply for my PR status here right now or wait for this application outcome and is there any chances my PR can be approved?
Thanks for reading and your advice will be highly appreciated.
Last edited by Abid Ali on Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: LTVP Plus will approve or not? Spouse holding WP

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:29 pm

Abid Ali wrote:Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and would like to ask if anyone has been through my situations having the same circumstances like me.
I am a Pakistani, married a Singaporean. My wife is graduated in material engineering from NTU in 2009. She was working temp jobs till 2012 and now in a permanent job since 1.5 years earning 3k/month in bank.
I graduated in mechanical engineering in 2012 from a reputed university in pakistan in 2012 married my wife on 20th april 2012. I am currently working on Work permit earning 1.8k/month.
We got a baby girl one month ago. I applied for my LTVP Plus on 1st of july and is waiting for the result.
Please give me the advice if my decision to apply for ltvp plus is ok or not. Is there any chances, it will be accepted?
Shall i apply for my PR status here right now or wait for this application outcome and is there any chances my PR can be approved?
Is the university real or not? You say it's a reputed university, which means it's a university by hearsay only? ;-) I didn't know they had any there.

Where did you get the baby girl from?

It's doubtful whether you will get the LTVP+ as your wife's income is not around the 4~4.5K mark. Once you are on an LTVP+, while you might be allowed to work, you will lose your current WP and possibly your employer as well. Then again, maybe not. PR? You have got to be kidding. I'd worry more about getting an LTVP, let alone an LTVP+.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 11 Jul 2014 7:44 am

From the anecdotal evidence I've seen Paki's have a hell of a time getting a pass of any sort. Good luck.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 11 Jul 2014 9:06 am

Normally I'd advise for your case to apply for PR under Family Ties Scheme first. Then only apply for LTVP+ if you fail. Under LTVP+ you still can work but only strictly under Letter of Consent (LOC).

Then if it all fails, you have to apply for LTVP and you cannot work under this pass. Better stick to your WP then.

But since you already applied for LTVP+, wait for the results first. If you get rejected, you can kiss PR goodbye as well. Then your option is just stay with that WP or get LTVP but no work.

Pakistanis are known to have a hard time. Your 'reputable' university has to be in Times Higher Education World University Ranking system to be truly reputable.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Jul 2014 1:17 pm

It was almost Friday when I posted that! :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 11 Jul 2014 5:32 pm

SMS was on a roll last night.

That 2nd bottle of Babycham is a killer :lol: :wink:

Abid Ali

Post by Abid Ali » Sat, 12 Jul 2014 12:06 pm

Thanks to all of you for sharing ur concerns. I hope it will be approved. If not, i will respect ICA decision. They know better than us. Best of luck to me and all others in need of it.

Abid Ali

Post by Abid Ali » Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:03 pm

Yesterday got the result of my LTVP + in principle approval. Was very happy to know because was already dishearted allot by many of the above members.
To all those who are still struggling for it and want to stay here with the wife;
Trust Allah and believe in the Singapore govt. They are very understanding and they will never make u separate from each other. Hope for the best.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 17 Aug 2014 6:40 pm

Abid Ali wrote:Yesterday got the result of my LTVP + in principle approval. Was very happy to know because was already dishearted allot by many of the above members.
To all those who are still struggling for it and want to stay here with the wife;
Trust Allah and believe in the Singapore govt. They are very understanding and they will never make u separate from each other. Hope for the best.
good luck!!!

not sure anybody discouraged you but were simply stating what they knew

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:14 am

Congrats to you! Wish you a long and prosperous stay in Singapore.
Abid Ali wrote: They are very understanding and they will never make u separate from each other. Hope for the best.
Unfortunately that is not true for many people who have posted here in the past. In many of the observed situations where approval isn't given (or it is a lesser approval), it is Singaporean male marrying girl from poorer countries like mainland China, Vietnam, Thailand, etc. Quite often with large age gaps. Those look suspicious as either paid-for marriages or old men getting swindled in Geylang.

Abid Ali

Post by Abid Ali » Tue, 09 Sep 2014 11:54 pm

Guys.. what do you think, whem will be the best time to apply for PR for myself? Sensible replies with valid reasons are welcome... Thanks in advance.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 10 Sep 2014 3:12 am

Abid Ali wrote:Guys.. what do you think, whem will be the best time to apply for PR for myself? Sensible replies with valid reasons are welcome... Thanks in advance.
Never. There is no "sensible" time.