Singapore Expats

Maximum days to join new JOB from the date of EP approval?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mookkaiahv

Maximum days to join new JOB from the date of EP approval?

Post by mookkaiahv » Thu, 10 Jul 2014 3:02 pm

HI,
I have got my EP approved today, before applying EP I informed my new employer that I can Join on July 21, hope they have entered this date in the EP application, but current job relieve date is adjusted from the date i quested to 10 more days, due to that i can join in my new on August 4 2014, can not I join this job on August 4 as per MOM policy because of told my new employer that i can join on July 21-2014?

My EP application date July 1 2014 and approve on July 10 2014.

Could any one reply to my doubts?
Mooks

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Maximum days to join new JOB from the date of EP approva

Post by AngMoG » Thu, 10 Jul 2014 3:17 pm

mookkaiahv wrote:HI,
I have got my EP approved today, before applying EP I informed my new employer that I can Join on July 21, hope they have entered this date in the EP application, but current job relieve date is adjusted from the date i quested to 10 more days, due to that i can join in my new on August 4 2014, can not I join this job on August 4 as per MOM policy because of told my new employer that i can join on July 21-2014?

My EP application date July 1 2014 and approve on July 10 2014.

Could any one reply to my doubts?
I am assuming your current job is also in Singapore, and you are on EP.

I think that as long as your current EP is still valid until 4 Aug, and if your new employer agrees to your new starting date, it should be fine. Normally, EPs are cancelled on the last day of employment by the employer, with immediate effect. Your new EP can only be issued once your old one is cancelled. All you should have so far from your new employer is your IPA; on your first day of work, you (or somebody from your company) can have the EP issued.

mookkaiahv

Post by mookkaiahv » Thu, 10 Jul 2014 3:53 pm

@AngMoG, thanks for the information.

By the way i am new to Singapore, this is my first EP in Singapore, currently I am working in Malaysia(EP) basically I am Indian.

Do we have any timeline from the EP approval date to join job or the joining date mentioned in the EP application is different from the actual joining then, is that a problem as per MOM policy?
Mooks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:22 pm

mookkaiahv wrote:@AngMoG, thanks for the information.

By the way i am new to Singapore, this is my first EP in Singapore, currently I am working in Malaysia(EP) basically I am Indian.

Do we have any timeline from the EP approval date to join job or the joining date mentioned in the EP application is different from the actual joining then, is that a problem as per MOM policy?
What are you when you get past the basics? :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 11 Jul 2014 8:50 am

Your In Principle Approval (IPA) from successful EP application has expiry date. Can't remember for how long but probably one month from the date of approval. Within that time, you must finalise your EP procedure (medical check-up, finger printing and photo submission) before you get your green card.

As long as you finalise (and join your new company) within that time frame, you should be fine. But if your employer has specific date in contract for you to join, you have to honour that contract.