Singapore Expats

Sc application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
coolguy12619

Sc application

Post by coolguy12619 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 1:01 am

Hey.. Just wanted to assess my chances for sc application..
Indian PR since 2009 .. Salary 110k+
1 rep renewal last dec
Wife (Indian) ..housewife..PR rejected 3 times ..2 times as individual .. 3rd time applied after my daughter was born ...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:44 am

Honestly? Without your family on the application? Zilch. With your family on the application but having been rejected for PR 3 times? I'm afraid I'd have to say zilch as well. It doesn't look good. But don't let reality get in the way of playing Don Quixote. Who knows? Stranger things have happened. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:52 am

so was her PR finally approved or not?

I'd say 0% chance if her PR was never approved. Somewhere between 0% and 2% if it was.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:42 am

Better apply as family once your wife gets PR. Did she apply as your wife for the third time? What about your child? Is she a PR too?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:46 am

curious question: why do married people apply for PR as an individual? is there some special benefits in doing that? wouldn't it make more sense to apply as a family? :???:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:59 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:curious question: why do married people apply for PR as an individual? is there some special benefits in doing that? wouldn't it make more sense to apply as a family? :???:
The row your boat in two rivers.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

coolguy12619

Post by coolguy12619 » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:28 am

Thanks for the input guys ..
1) no her PR was not approved for the 3rd time and my kid as well ( applying for first time)
2) why we didnt apply together :-no rows boat in two river ..i cross river oreddy .. I was already a PR during my time of marriage ...

1st time .. it was just 3 months since my wife came here and we got the rejection straight away which made sense to me
2nd time ..she was out of country and while her PR application was in process her LTVP expired .. so i am assuming the rejection was based on the fact that she didnt have a "legal status" in Singapore
3rd time :- rejection after 11 months .. dont know why ..they rejected after approving my REP ..

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 10:50 am

how old are you and what is your industry ?

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by midlet2013 » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 11:16 pm

There are many cases where one spouse has PR but the other one's PR gets rejected.

What does you wife do and what are her qualifications? Is she going to be financially independent in the future. They want 2 capable individuals rather than one dependent.

I dont know what value u see in getting Citizenship if your wife does not even have a PR.
coolguy12619 wrote:Thanks for the input guys ..
1) no her PR was not approved for the 3rd time and my kid as well ( applying for first time)
2) why we didnt apply together :-no rows boat in two river ..i cross river oreddy .. I was already a PR during my time of marriage ...

1st time .. it was just 3 months since my wife came here and we got the rejection straight away which made sense to me
2nd time ..she was out of country and while her PR application was in process her LTVP expired .. so i am assuming the rejection was based on the fact that she didnt have a "legal status" in Singapore
3rd time :- rejection after 11 months .. dont know why ..they rejected after approving my REP ..

coolguy12619

Post by coolguy12619 » Thu, 10 Jul 2014 12:06 am

I am 34 and in IT and wife is an engineer but she is not working ...she is rather interested in the art side of stuff ..painting etc ..so hard to answer the question if she will be financially independent in future .it depends on her..:)

well ideally i would like them to give PR to my wife as well . We like the place and everything else and planning to settle down permanently ..so thought of taking the plunge and applying for SC ..