Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 3:27 am

Catmeat wrote:
Suzycreamcheeze wrote:
GELLY wrote:\

Hi there! Which day is your next interview with Silkair...Is it going to be at their headqurters? :roll:
hey guys, i just got a reply from them too. Worast part for me was that i heard that if u get a letter in the mail from them, means they returned that slip to u that we all filled up at the interview. and that letter is like a rejection letter.. so i went to the mailbox and saw a letter from them... my heart sank! I thouhg, ' im finished' hahaha...

turned out, when i read it, it was actually an invite for the 2nd interview next week. Mine is ont he 10th june at about 950am, and yeah, its at the SIA training centre.

to those of you who are still anxious and anticipating a call or letter. be patient, im sure it will arrive soon =) good luck to all of you.

hi got my letter too for the 2nd interview! on the 10 june see u all!
hey catmeat! yeah. congrats! see u there! =)

Re: sia training

Post by Guest » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 3:28 am

Juzzy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
juzzy05 wrote:Hi all, i am new on this forum.. does anyone know if the sia training will start immediately after the recruitment? I have not graduated and was thinking if I can go ahead and try my luck and if i am really lucky, reserve a place first and join in the next training... Sounds unlikely though...[/quote

You can still try but it depends whether they are willing to pend your commencement date till after your graduation.
Thx for the reply! Are you a SQ girl already? *Curious*

Hi SuzyCreamcheeze, if i am not wrong, i seen previous post of yours, are you 158cm? are the hiring people very strict on this?
depends actually... some are strict i think.. but seems that for this silkair one, everyone 'magically' was about 2 cm taller than usual. ahhahaha but yeah.. im abt 157

Blue

Post by Blue » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:03 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Juzzy wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Thx for the reply! Are you a SQ girl already? *Curious*

Hi SuzyCreamcheeze, if i am not wrong, i seen previous post of yours, are you 158cm? are the hiring people very strict on this?
I was measured 4cm taller than I really am!!!

depends actually... some are strict i think.. but seems that for this silkair one, everyone 'magically' was about 2 cm taller than usual. ahhahaha but yeah.. im abt 157

Blue

Post by Blue » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:05 pm

Ignore the last message (it got quoted inside another message)
At the SilkAir interview, I was measured 4cm taller than I really am!

emirates

Post by Guest » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:18 pm

does anyone one how the emirates conduct the interview.. plzz share with us.. plzz.. thx

wannabee

Re: emirates

Post by wannabee » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 1:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:does anyone one how the emirates conduct the interview.. plzz share with us.. plzz.. thx
i went for the emirates interview. was kicked out on the first round. i believe due to my acne scars. they arent as anal as SQ where height is concerned. i am 156cm but they didnt ask me to leave but gave me a chance to go for the first round. i was also asked to reach for the 212cm marking on tiptoes which isn't that very difficult really, u just need to stretch. during the first round a group of 10 of us were asked to sit in a circle. the interviewer gave us a topic to discuss. i was surprised that some of the girls in the group didnt even take the initiative to open their mouths. 3 were selected out of the group. i heard the other rounds r pretty similar to the first one. i'm gg for laser treatment for my acne scars n will try again in the future shld they conduct a recruitment again.

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 2:17 pm

wannabee wrote:
Anonymous wrote:does anyone one how the emirates conduct the interview.. plzz share with us.. plzz.. thx
i went for the emirates interview. was kicked out on the first round. i believe due to my acne scars. they arent as anal as SQ where height is concerned. i am 156cm but they didnt ask me to leave but gave me a chance to go for the first round. i was also asked to reach for the 212cm marking on tiptoes which isn't that very difficult really, u just need to stretch. during the first round a group of 10 of us were asked to sit in a circle. the interviewer gave us a topic to discuss. i was surprised that some of the girls in the group didnt even take the initiative to open their mouths. 3 were selected out of the group. i heard the other rounds r pretty similar to the first one. i'm gg for laser treatment for my acne scars n will try again in the future shld they conduct a recruitment again.
hi i got selected for the emirates 2nd interview tmr. I'm one of the lucky 4 got picked. the first rd was exactly what wannabee above had said. the only competitive part u have to speak out even tho theres others wanna speak. try to speak out and dont let chances go away. i rem'ed the interviewer said for the first rd he isnt looking for physical appearances, its much more on communcating skills. i think my coming 2nd interivew with em would be group discuss again. and I've to wear formal.

i hope i'll for the best
:)

Post by Guest » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 2:47 pm

wannabee wrote:

u are 156???u mean u managed to reach for the 212cm markings?im 158 yet unable to hit the markings!

becky

Post by becky » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 3:49 pm

Myth wrote:
becky wrote:
Myth wrote:Hi everyone, I have an interview with SIA this coming Sunday in KL.
Anyone here who is going as well?
I'm in the 1010 hrs session - If you're in the same session, maybe we can meet up before interview starts and calm each other down? :roll:
Hi Myth,
which intake did you apply? I didn't know they have an interview on sunday.......april intake?Stewards or stewardess? I missed the april intake and waiting for the next one...hopefully in June or July.........
Hi Becky,

I applied somewhere in May. The interview was supposed to be in end May according to the SIA webpage. Therefore, I was quite surprised to receive an invitation for interview on 5 June. Most prob it got delayed for a week.
Hi Myth, thanks :)...........phew...I thought I missed another intake again hehe....but anyways, wish you all the best :). Do tell us about how it yeh?

jetlag

SIA interview

Post by jetlag » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 3:54 pm

Girls & Guys out there,
I heard from some sources that they are still short of cabin crew esp stewards and that a recruitment is coming up soon. Look out for it.

JaS

Post by JaS » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 5:05 pm

Check Out JetStar's Webby Under "Work With Us".
They'll Inform Latest By June End. Anyone Got Selected Do Updated!

wannabee

Post by wannabee » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 5:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:
wannabee wrote:

u are 156???u mean u managed to reach for the 212cm markings?im 158 yet unable to hit the markings!
i guess hv long fingers! hehh...

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 8:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:You can still try but it depends whether they are willing to pend your commencement date till after your graduation.
Thx for the reply! Are you a SQ girl already? *Curious*

Hi there, nope, I am not a SQ girl. I study Human Resources so its more from a HR point of view. Don't worry too much as I believe that HR can be flexible at times. It all depends on the Recruitment Manager.

Give a shot at it by applying first. Best of Luck! :)
[/quote]

Thx for sharing your point of view! Just another qns.. do u think it is advisable to send a cold cover letter to the HR before they start recruiting on the website and newspaper? i really do not want risk anything that will get me kick out even before they give me a chance.. Sorry to ask so much, but i hope to increase my luck by doing more homework first....

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 8:22 pm

And thx everyone who replied to me regarding the height issue..! means a lot to me! :)

Good luck to all of you on this forum who are trying to become cabin crews!

I guess trying your best is sometimes all it takes to get you where you want!

All the best! and do share your views and experience here!
Cheers!

Glower

Jetstar

Post by Glower » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:48 pm