Singapore Expats

Bl.ood st.ained Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 7:14 am

Good call SMS!

Blast from the past:
Blade wrote: Don't bother giving advice to Singaporeans.They are the most bigoted narrow-minded people you can hope to meet.And they can't see beyond their front noses.Or beyond the latest LV,Prada bag whatever.

All this is a result of their conditioning.They charge out of their 3 room HDB flats thinking they are the centre of the world.
"We're number 1! We're number1!" ??? :D :lol:

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 7:16 am

JR8 wrote:
Blade wrote:Well this is MY COUNTRY.Guess what,this is Singapore not Wisteria Lane.Even when another new Singaporean moves onto the neighborhood, doors and slammed. ... Welcome to Singapore.

But with an attitude like this...
---
'Don't bother giving advice to Singaporeans.They are the most bigoted narrow-minded people you can hope to meet.And they can't see beyond their front noses.Or beyond the latest LV,Prada bag whatever. All this is a result of their conditioning.They charge out of their 3 room HDB flats thinking they are the centre of the world. '
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra3 ... ht=#335019
---

... is it surprising the locals don't want to know you?
Ahh damn. You beat me to it. Oh well.

I've flown SIN->HKG on CX so many times I must have met Mr. Blade, on many occasions. Maybe he's one who has come over and greeted me by name ( I've MP Gold or Diamond as long as I've been flying it) on those flights. Wonder how angry he gets internally when an Ang Moh or Indian flying Business turns down a landing card because they live in Singapore.

I have to say the Filipino women working on that Cathay segment are much more polite and better than any of the local Chinese males in that role. :)

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 9:53 am

Sing Along wrote: 4. They do not have to do NS. Regardless of how the government whitewash it as NS men get benefits etc, the feeling on the ground is that we Singaporeans male get shortchanged. Nevermind the 2 years, but the yearly in camp training, required physical fitness training and maintenance is enough for us to turn an envious eye towards those that can drink the night away. And continue to backstab us in the office by saying "It's his job, not mine".
This demonstrates the Singapore mentality very well.

Sing Along *admits* that Singaporean males feel "shortchanged" and "envious" because they have to do NS.

But a Singaporean could never be happy for someone who doesn't have to do NS, too kiasu for that.

So instead, they complain how FTs don't contribute to SG but in reality, its just jealousy.

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 12:00 pm

Wow you don't need a landing card for Sinkie town? .You must be so proud . You really made it.

You must have come from a real dump to think Singapore is the ultimate.

Btw those who really made it don't fly Cathay anymore(becoming LCC) have you tasted their food?.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:43 pm

Did you even read any of these posts before you reply? You have a walnut the size of a brain in your head.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 4:12 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:Did you even read any of these posts before you reply? You have a walnut the size of a brain in your head.
Hey Raj, a bit to much last night? Bit dyslexic today? I had to read it twice cause it just didn't ring true the first time! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 5:35 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:Did you even read any of these posts before you reply? You have a walnut the size of a brain in your head.
Hey Raj, a bit to much last night? Bit dyslexic today? I had to read it twice cause it just didn't ring true the first time! :lol:
it is correct sms, he has a brain sized walnut in his head :D figure that one out :-|

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 5:38 pm

Well ... well, if this is not personal barrage then what is!

Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 5:51 pm

No i fact to don't bother other then giving it a cursory glance nobody in Singapore gives a rats ass about what "invisible people" have to say.

Sad eh, but that's the reality.

Btw stop with the condescending comments about Singaporeans. Sensitive people may think you are, whats the word again: 'Xenophobes' ?.

e.g Chinese women don't sell lift doors as scrap metal to their uncles.

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sporkin » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 5:57 pm

In the land of easy plenty some minor inequalities and differences matters not.

With rising competition, cost of living, slow wage increases, unequal labor laws( from what i've been told ), preferential hiring bordering on cronyism and nepotism, are you surprised then that a 2 year delay in the career path and the sense of a non-level playing field causes unhappiness?
curiousgeorge wrote:
Sing Along wrote: 4. They do not have to do NS. Regardless of how the government whitewash it as NS men get benefits etc, the feeling on the ground is that we Singaporeans male get shortchanged. Nevermind the 2 years, but the yearly in camp training, required physical fitness training and maintenance is enough for us to turn an envious eye towards those that can drink the night away. And continue to backstab us in the office by saying "It's his job, not mine".
This demonstrates the Singapore mentality very well.

Sing Along *admits* that Singaporean males feel "shortchanged" and "envious" because they have to do NS.

But a Singaporean could never be happy for someone who doesn't have to do NS, too kiasu for that.

So instead, they complain how FTs don't contribute to SG but in reality, its just jealousy.

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 5:59 pm

Quote:"We're number 1! We're number1!

Once again, not a title labeled by us but by the foreign media,survey,polls,reviews,previews.We happy with a humble No.3.[Try to pick up on the sarcasm eh]

Irony alert:Obviously you haven't read through the posts.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 7:04 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote:Well ... well, if this is not personal barrage then what is!

personal barrage is what you've been going about in this whole thread, making disparaging remarks about sub continentals in a thread about fillipinos, as usual yogicthroatlozenges4us fails miserably!

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 7:29 pm

Well since you are so good at calling people walnut brains then you, pea-sized brain should look up the meaning of personal barrage :)

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
yogaloungeforever wrote:Well ... well, if this is not personal barrage then what is!

personal barrage is what you've been going about in this whole thread, making disparaging remarks about sub continentals in a thread about fillipinos, as usual yogicthroatlozenges4us fails miserably!

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 7:35 pm

They make disparaging remarks about local women..can?
Are they really Moderators?

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sun, 22 Jun 2014 7:51 pm

I have no comments.

Let other forumers judge for themselves the thread content. As it is my own brother-IL is already aghast at some of the responses on this thread along with the other threads to the point where he's exclaimed just reading them it's just a complete waste of time

Blade wrote:They make disparaging remarks about local women..can?
Are they really Moderators?