Singapore Expats

Bl.ood st.ained Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 9:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As I recently alluded to in another thread.....

Further proof that Singapore is number 1!

http://www.tnp.sg/news/woman-peeing-pin ... aught-cctv
Is that a joke - did you see who wrote the article?

....now it's my turn to get my coat.....

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 9:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What happened to the really reasonably intelligent trolls we used to get? I hate wannabes and this one is trying but really failing miserably.
Yah!!! I agree [thumping table for effect!] :lol:

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 9:47 pm

Bozo! pointless arguing with old retired clowns like you :D

Homer sums it all up :)

JR8 wrote:@YogiclozengesRUs

Yes, pictures suit you better. No prospect of buggering up the grammar.
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 10:30 pm

They are not clowns but GBUs [GDP boosting units].

We [Singapore] use them, then replace with newer, faster,better model before expiry date.

I read in the Shite Times they actually pay 20-40% higher for everything e.g your StarHub sub.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 11:05 pm

Not when the were smart enough to take your women away from you, and marry them, then use them to get everything. Make more money and save like a local. That's why we are expats and you are not. You can only make it in Singapore. Well, that's probably not true either, as those Singaporeans who ARE actually intelligent (and there are a lot of them - shame you didn't make it) are happy with their lot and can hold their own with most of the Asian Expatriates here. But not too many can hold their own for any length of time in other countries before running back to Singapore with their tails between their legs.

Actually, maybe I should give you a little credit. Aside from being an ignorant Arse*ole, you have enough sense to stay in your own sandbox where you are protected from yourself. I'll give you a thumbs up for that. But it's a shame you aren't able to hold you own against those from the 'peens, prc, M'sia, Indo & even VN. I'd still like to know how long you've been an adult, if in fact you are one. Hmmm?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:07 am

Couldn't make it back home?

Pls take our SPGs thank you.

The creme del la creme [i.e the pretty Uni grads] wont bite anyway!.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 7:01 am

You still haven't answered my question. I guess you are just perfectly exhibiting another typical local phenomena. That of trying to deflect the conversation when faced with a losing proposition. How long have you actually been an adult in Singapore. Your constant evading my question is taking more and more credibility away from you. Oh, sorry, I mean you slim chance of actually gaining some credibility is slipping away rapidly. 'bout time you get off of Daddy's PC before he catches you.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 8:54 am

Read this morning that several police reports have been filed over the blog. The Philippine Embassy has also issued a statement on its website about it. Further to that a British expat, married to a Philippine woman, has written an open letter to the Prime Minister about it. Despite the drivel which has been posted in this thread, I think it is safe to assume that the general public is distancing themselves from this - at least in public.

Sing Along

Post by Sing Along » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:45 am

Yeap,

Hear about the discrimination by Philippine HR hiring managers in Singapore and how they favour their own nationalities.

Hear about how they demand lower wages because they don't intend to set root in Singapore

Hear about them communicating in Tagalog in the workplace while everybody else is doing so in English.

Hear about the male specimens gloating about locals having to do NS while they take over the locals' projects and opportunities, especially in MNCs.

My personal experience with working with them is that they love to talk big but pushes the blame around when it comes to delivering the results.

Service staff I can understand. But when it comes to junior executives and PMETs, is there a need for them to be here to compete with the locals? Majority of the time, they are hired not based on merit but on cost considerations..

I hope to level the playing field, all male foreigners get a NS levy of at least 10% of their salary.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:51 am

Sing Along wrote: Service staff I can understand. But when it comes to junior executives and PMETs, is there a need for them to be here to compete with the locals? Majority of the time, they are hired not based on merit but on cost considerations..

And what did your MP say when you raised and protested this point with him?

er... you have raised the issue with your MP haven't you, rather than just here on this expats forum?

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:45 am

Sing Along wrote: Hear about how they demand lower wages because they don't intend to set root in Singapore
Never heard of anyone demanding lower wages.... that's a new one for me....

Sing Along

Post by Sing Along » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:01 pm

JR8 wrote:
Sing Along wrote: Service staff I can understand. But when it comes to junior executives and PMETs, is there a need for them to be here to compete with the locals? Majority of the time, they are hired not based on merit but on cost considerations..

And what did your MP say when you raised and protested this point with him?

er... you have raised the issue with your MP haven't you, rather than just here on this expats forum?
Lol. The standard reply is go to for retraining.

Just go do a search. There are similar grips around.

As for the NS issue, they simply just avoid the issue. There has been a proposal for the additional levy before but as again, it has quietly gone under the radar.

Put yourselves in our shoes. Go for NS, come back tired. See others clubbing and living free while mocking us. See them backstab us at work, especially when non NS serving bosses do not empathise with us.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:04 pm

Sing Along wrote:Yeap,

Hear about the discrimination by Philippine HR hiring managers in Singapore and how they favour their own nationalities.

Hear about how they demand lower wages because they don't intend to set root in Singapore

Hear about them communicating in Tagalog in the workplace while everybody else is doing so in English.

Hear about the male specimens gloating about locals having to do NS while they take over the locals' projects and opportunities, especially in MNCs.

My personal experience with working with them is that they love to talk big but pushes the blame around when it comes to delivering the results.

Service staff I can understand. But when it comes to junior executives and PMETs, is there a need for them to be here to compete with the locals? Majority of the time, they are hired not based on merit but on cost considerations..

I hope to level the playing field, all male foreigners get a NS levy of at least 10% of their salary.
Just for a bit of balance here rather than slam dunking these guys all the time.

I agree, I think there are probably many instances of favouritism by Filipino HR managers.

Also I manage a sub contractor in the Philippines and I have direct experience of issues with execution at the middle management level. They are way more high maintenance to manage than say a Taiwanese or Chinese sub con. As you say often big talk but poor results.

Most of the rest of your post is cr*ap though :wink:

Sing Along

Post by Sing Along » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:08 pm

Fortan wrote:
Sing Along wrote: Hear about how they demand lower wages because they don't intend to set root in Singapore
Sorry, I should rephrase it. Demand lower wages than Singaporeans coz they do not have to pay the expenses associated with living in Singapore permanently.

You can hear many stories of PRs getting a HDB, then selling it for a tidy profit when they leave while young Singaporeans can't start a family due to the high prices.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:19 pm

Sing Along wrote:
Fortan wrote:
Sorry, I should rephrase it. Demand lower wages than Singaporeans coz they do not have to pay the expenses associated with living in Singapore permanently.

You can hear many stories of PRs getting a HDB, then selling it for a tidy profit when they leave while young Singaporeans can't start a family due to the high prices.

are you suggesting that a PR who buys a HDB should not sell his house at a profit? okay then.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late