Singapore Expats

Any Magic Jack users?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
anon123

Any Magic Jack users?

Post by anon123 » Tue, 27 May 2014 6:16 am

I'm thinking about buying one before we move to Singapore. Anybody have any information on call quality to the U.S. with one of these?

Tanuki
Regular
Regular

Re: Any Magic Jack users?

Post by Tanuki » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:48 pm

anon123 wrote:I'm thinking about buying one before we move to Singapore. Anybody have any information on call quality to the U.S. with one of these?
I haven't used that company but have been with Vonage for many years. The VOIP phone quality has always been very good from Tokyo and Singapore. Actually I've been thinking of changing to something less expensive, and Magic Jack is a pretty good deal for sure. I'd expect the $30 per year is more like $45 or so with the taxes and surcharges that come along, but it's still quite a lot less than Vonage. :o

roninblade

Post by roninblade » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 3:34 pm

late reply here but magicjack has a free phone app now. i've been using it for the past 6 or so months. call quality, of course, depends entirely on your internet connection and so far it's been passable when i'm on singtel's LTE.