Singapore Expats

Bl.ood st.ained Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 1:09 pm

I hope ignorance is not contagious..

Singapore is 49 years old! Wow!.

For you information Singapore was doing very well even before the economic genocide by Raffles and his EIC.

Oh, and if your MNC COO is busy reading racists blogs and getting up-set by them,then he shouldn't run a business in Asia.You think Singapore holds the monopoly on bigotry? [Google that word]

Definitely Singapore is too high level for his business.

The MNC COOs I know are too busy making money and are too thick skinned to worry about this drivel.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 1:18 pm

Blade wrote:I hope ignorance is not contagious..

Singapore is 49 years old! Wow!.

For you information Singapore was doing very well even before the economic genocide by Raffles and his EIC.

Oh, and if your MNC COO is busy reading racists blogs and getting up-set by them,then he shouldn't run a business in Asia.You think Singapore holds the monopoly on bigotry? [Google that word]

Definitely Singapore is too high level for his business.

The MNC COOs I know are too busy making money and are too thick skinned to worry about this drivel.
quote from wiki: Before Raffles arrived, there were around 1,000 people living in Singapore, mostly Malays and a few dozen Chinese.
I'm sure they were all living quite happily back then.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 1:41 pm

"Before Raffles arrived, there were around 1,000 people living in Singapore, mostly Malays and a few dozen Chinese"

Oh yah? how do hey know that? You shouldn't believe everything you read on the WWW, certainly not Wikipedia.

opinionatedman

Post by opinionatedman » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 1:45 pm

[quote="Blade"]"Before Raffles arrived, there were around 1,000 people living in Singapore, mostly Malays and a few dozen Chinese"

Oh yah? how do hey know that? You shouldn't believe everything you read on the WWW, certainly not Wikipedia.[/quote]

Seems like someone is so pissed of with expats that his sensibities(if he had any) has gone for a complete toss.

I am pretty sure this person's mentality, reasoning (or lack of it) is far from the general Singaporean behaviour, and thank goodness for that!!!

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 1:47 pm

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story :wink:

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 2:08 pm

This thread is so good...*eat popcorn*
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 2:16 pm

Blade wrote:"Before Raffles arrived, there were around 1,000 people living in Singapore, mostly Malays and a few dozen Chinese"

Oh yah? how do hey know that? You shouldn't believe everything you read on the WWW, certainly not Wikipedia.
uh ok sorry my apologies, I will then quote a website managed by the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) which states the following

In early 1819, the British East India Company founded modern Singapore through an agreement with Sultan Hussein Shah and the Temenggong. At that time, Singapore's population stood at around 1,000 indigenous people, comprising mainly the Malays and Orang Laut (sea nomads) who clustered around the Singapore River, Kallang River, Telok Blangah and along the Johor Straits. There were also some Chinese traders and gambier planters.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 2:27 pm

Like i said you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet..

Singaporeans [born and bred and gone thur the 'system'] have very high IQ but low EQ so what?.We are what we are, if not happy then the door is on your left..try this:http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... n-benefits

Cannot just come of a boat and become a Sinkie just like that.You have to also know where the best Hokkien Popiah can be had etc.

Rest of the world is copying us -it's tough looking up at No.1 right?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 2:28 pm

Blade wrote:Rest of the world is copying us -it's tough looking up at No.1 right?
So Singaporean.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 2:34 pm

Blade wrote:
Cannot just come of a boat and become a Sinkie just like that.You have to also know where the best Hokkien Popiah can be had etc.
I dont even know what popiah means. I know mee goreng, bee hoon and chicken rice though.

What if I know where the best idly, vada and masala dosa can be had? :lol:

Its Murugan Idly in Little India :)
Last edited by Wd40 on Wed, 18 Jun 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

opinionatedman

Post by opinionatedman » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 2:38 pm

[quote="Blade"]You have to also know where the best Hokkien Popiah can be had etc.

Rest of the world is copying us -it's tough looking up at No.1 right?[/quote]

[b]Does that mean that the Singaporeans who do not know this are not Singaporean??

Also by your post all Singaporeans have a very high IQ.

I am sorry to say, but your posts are so contradictory and derogatory and irrational, that doesn't seem like you have a high IQ yourself!!!

So much to the generalization.[/b]

gailwynand
Regular
Regular

Post by gailwynand » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 2:52 pm

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 2:58 pm

People who eat Vadai and other Indian dosh don't count -as a taxi driver once commented to me "they are invisible" people. Any knows what is implied by that?

"So Singaporean" EXACTLY.

But so many want to become Singaporeans, so perplexing isn't it??

For me, I m proudly Singaporean and won't forsake or give up on my motherland for the sake of PINK IC.

You should be proud of where you are from don't be a 'Quitter' people will respect you more.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 3:15 pm

Blade wrote:For me, I m proudly Singaporean.
Yup; that has been abundantly and irrefutably clear.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

opinionatedman

Post by opinionatedman » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 3:22 pm

^^ LOL