Singapore Expats

Favorite eating places and products

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 17 Jun 2014 8:04 pm

Shish Mahal looks nice and airy (uncrowded), and is certainly something we’d be up for trying.
Is Albert Court the top end of what used to be the Bugis ‘cruising strip’? I get a bit disorientated in that neighbourhood. It’s a bit like south of the temple thing by Bali Lane... Sultan Street or Gate, it is a promenade/pedestrianised and dining street?

And there’s a microbrewery near there, WITH sausages?! I need to go and recce this area! :lol: :cool:

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 17 Jun 2014 8:30 pm

JR8 wrote:Shish Mahal looks nice and airy (uncrowded), and is certainly something we’d be up for trying.
Is Albert Court the top end of what used to be the Bugis ‘cruising strip’? I get a bit disorientated in that neighbourhood.
Yes. If you walk the strip in the Little India direction, you pass Sim Lim Square and still continue, in 100-200m you will be there.

I think many people miss this place on the way to Little India. The main communication route is on the other side of Sungei Rd.
JR8 wrote: And there’s a microbrewery near there, WITH sausages?! I need to go and recce this area! :lol: :cool:
@Raj, please tell something more about, I have never notice it. Is it something new?

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Tue, 17 Jun 2014 8:48 pm

Hi x9200 - yes, this is a much better thread name, and thanks for the Shish Mahal suggestion - we've tried lots of restaurants in Little India (I'm terrible with names, so can't remember them all)….This by far looks like one of the prettiest! We're looking forward to trying this one out!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:22 pm

uscate wrote:Hi x9200 - yes, this is a much better thread name, and thanks for the Shish Mahal suggestion - we've tried lots of restaurants in Little India (I'm terrible with names, so can't remember them all)….This by far looks like one of the prettiest! We're looking forward to trying this one out!!
Looking forward to reading the review :)
I wonder who gets their first, us or you hehe...

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 1:09 am

It may be you - we're outta here for a bit…. :D