Singapore Expats

Security Doors

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
KioKai

Security Doors

Post by KioKai » Mon, 16 Jun 2014 2:49 pm

I am trying to buy and have installed a security door with a three point locking mechanism. I want to replace the grill and hideous door I have. It is impossible to find a supplier. Does anybody have any ideas?

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:06 pm

Just install a security camera. That will scare the wanna-be burglars away. Local style - right above your door, pointing down. :evil:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:25 pm

Be prepared to get really pissed off then, cause some wizenheimer will, sure as night follows day, sneak up beside the camera and whack it with black spray paint. Probably an Ah Long's runner, to be sure.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:29 pm

There is a shop at Sim Lim Tower, 3rd or 4th floor, that sells quite a selection of door locks. Perhaps they can point you in the right direction. There is also a (pricey) home improvement store in Plaza Singapura, 3rd or 4th floor, that had a decent selection of front door locks. Again, maybe they can point you to someone.