Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
omega

Post by omega » Mon, 07 Apr 2014 9:19 am

Thanks Done,

It was a great informative post.

acuteangel

Re: Dr Chen on Eyes and Dr Kao on Nose

Post by acuteangel » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 8:22 pm

Wow, this is helpful.

Thanks for writing about your experience. Glad to hear things went smoothly and that you sound happy with your outcome.

[quote="done"]This is my 1st post in this forum, I used a new username as opposed to my usual username in other reputable forums as I would like to remain anonymous.

Last Nov, I went to Taipei for my mini-incision double eyelid surgery with Dr Chen in Regent 麗晶 (http://www.beauty899.com).
Apparently the only way to contact them is only by calling. Even when I mentioned that can I email them my photo, they are like "no, we cannot view the elasticity of your eyelids through email photo as well, we need to see you physically to assess".

So yeah, there I went to visit Dr Chen with the possibility that I may not be able to do the surgery. However, the receptionist did mentioned that for my age (early twenties), the probability of doing mini-incision double eyelid is relatively high.

Yes, I did manage to do it. Dr Chen was very nice, he was very patience and soft. I was so tired during the whole process as I took an overnight flight to Taipei, then to hotel where I cannot check-in as it is too early, then waited until 11am for my appointment with Dr Chen (that was the only timing, no earlier timing for overseas guests which I don't understand - the reason they gave me twice was different, when I first booked, they claim Dr Chen was doing surgery at another venue, the second time when they called me nearer to date for confirmation on surgery, the excuse they gave this time was Dr Chen was lecturing at other place. But ends up when I went for my appointment, I saw another girl just finished her surgery.)

This is really fine, I don't care about their excuses, why I wrote this part was because I am really dead beat tired as I haven sleep since the flight all the way to 11am consultation, then after consultation still have to wait as they said they need to sanitise the surgery equipment hence ask me to go out take a walk, have lunch before returning at 2pm for surgery.

I am literally walking like a vampire. It is so exhausting!
I want to say that Jermaine did a very good job explaining the process of the double eyelid surgery:http://jermaineee.com/tag/double-eye-lids-surgery

Because I was so freaking tired that I can literally sleep, I have entirely no pain at all. The LA injection on the eyelid was nothing as the needles are so tiny, even smaller than normal acupuncture needles. I did not squeeze my eyes because of nervous or whatever, everything was painless. (Jermaine said that she squeeze her eyes when she has her injection hence she has bruises after that). I don't have much bruises, probably only on 2nd day and 3rd day which are very minor.

Thanks to Jermaine's constant update on her blog, I saw her recovery stage as well as how the eyelid swelling subside after a year and so forth. I thought I like how her eyelids look on her 10th day (she chose a medium fold). And I read on, until her most recent update photo on how her eyelids look after 22months, I am like "no, that is not for me, I want a higher eyelid" hence I go for a somehow high-fold.

The only feeling i felt during surgery was perhaps the pulling of my eyelids because I think doctor need to use the mini-incision hole from the middle to pull it left and right to remove our eyelid fats. Sometimes when I feel a little "spicy feeling" as in paper cut feeling, I will inform Dr Chen and he will drip more anaesthesia on my eyelid.
Dr Chen really make my day, he is so freaking nice during the operation and consoled me like "ä¸

babylovescakes1234

Trip to Taiwan

Post by babylovescakes1234 » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 6:44 pm

anyone looking for a companion?
planning to go TPE in july/aug
if interested please contact me [email protected] :)

babylovescakes1234

Post by babylovescakes1234 » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:25 pm

swoon wrote:Hey everyone. I've been reading your posts for the last week. Thank you all who posted their experiences!

I will be traveling to Taipei for surgery in mid september. Not for eye surgery but jaw surgery. PM me if you want to share a hotel or meet up :)

hello, can u email me pls [email protected]

omega

Post by omega » Mon, 19 May 2014 8:57 pm

I think this post will be of help.

In 2009, i first saw Dr Kao Chuan Hsiang and had rib rhinoplasty with alar sail excision done.
He was really nice and patient and he used photoshop for illustration.
Everything went smoothly but I wasn't pleased with the results, i felt the mid face is still not prominent (its mainly because i have a very high brow and my nasolabial angle was small but at the time i was not aware of this) and i wanted a higher nose. I felt like it was just like having an implant inserted but it just looks much natural without the "prosthetic" look.

In 2010 a year later, i went to Wang Ting (Dalian). He was a patient doctor too and had a 1 hour discussion, he used photoshop too. My tip had droop which i did not realize, it was not a major one though)
He took out a second rib from me, made my nose really high and he increased my nasolabial angle by putting a graft just above my front incisors . That affected my smile, my upper lip could not retract fully. I looked like an Asian with mixed features on my side profile. But the front profile got worse, i noticed my my nose was a bit crooked and my nostrils became asymmetrical and much more elongated and looked pinched.
He told me the results are good and told me to push my nose more to the left (he knew it was crooked, of course no amount of pushing would help with poor technique, i had 2 ribs stacked on top of one another and it wasn't secured properly). I saw many patients there, I think they turned out well although i noticed some of them had that pinched look which may actually suit the "westernized" type of nose.

After 6 months, i went back to Dalian and complained of my uneven and pinched nostrils. My left nostril became a triangular shape. My nose was still really swollen. The other assistant doctor there told me that it's a small problem and that my results now are already a lot better than before i saw them. Wang Ting could not do anything surgically then because it was still relative early post op and injected steroids into my nose. That reduced the swelling.

Some time later, i made another trip back and what resulted later was a reduction in the height of the nose in an attempt to make my nostrils rounder via a closed incision. The procedure resulted in a crack in the upper 1/3 and caused an uneven bump resulting in a mild saddle nose defomity. The situation only improved marginally.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I went back to Taiwan again. I saw Dr Kao, he is still the same, nice surgeon 4 years ago and he spoke to me like a friend. The problem with the asymmetric nostrils is due to the whole crooked nose, the cartilage has also warped due to poor carving technique. Because the tip was projected alot more, alar batten graft was necessary to make the nostrils rounder. He could feel my nose feels different from normal after i told him about the steroid injection which wasn't correct thing to do. He did tell me he is not really into doing cartilage nowadays. He has done a lot and it's just too physically draining.

I then travelled to the south to see Dr Hsu. He told me that Dr Wang did not have good technique and used an old method which he used to do to augment the premaxilla which affected my smile. His suggestions 1. Do the changes that Dr Kao mentioned 2. He can redo everything which needed another rib from me by building from the base again, he mentioned he could achieve that "pulled out" effect which Dr Kao could not achieve 4 years ago. I did see his recent blog and I do see changes in the results compared to his older works.

I had the operation with Dr Kao at Inose clinic using ear cartilage and irradiated donor rib. I have had the major issues addressed, the rest i can only wait till the swelling subsides. I am really grateful to him.

madaboutplastic
Regular
Regular

Post by madaboutplastic » Mon, 02 Jun 2014 11:18 am

I am going in August.
But cant decide if Ryan Hsu or Dr Kao.

Kao seems to have more forummers talking about him.
But his own website does not have any case study whereas Ryan Hsu's has alot. Then again some of Ryan's before and after photos do look abit photoshop.

Carol Ching

double eyelid

Post by Carol Ching » Sat, 07 Jun 2014 10:19 am

Hi

May I know which place to do Double eyelid is good in Taiwan? Anyone going?

omega

Post by omega » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 8:36 pm

madaboutplastic wrote:I am going in August.

But his own website does not have any case study whereas Ryan Hsu's has alot. Then again some of Ryan's before and after photos do look abit photoshop.
Go and see both, then decide. It's worth the effort.

apple0105

Post by apple0105 » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:44 pm

Hi all, Just done my double eyelids 2 wks ago and I've been a silent reader few years back on most forums when I was really into getting my double eyelids done, but putting it to halt since I was still young and studying.

I've gotten a lot of information on different forums and really thankful for those who have contributed! Since many of my friends are interested in the procedure, so I'm drafting out a post with pictures on my surgery and at the same time to share it with you guys as well!

I don't frequent forums now, but just come back to share info and thanks all those who have helped me in the past! Will be continuing working on the post but meanwhile y'all can check out my instagram (@_eileengoh) for more pictures and if y'all like it and have any questions, you can askfm (http://ask.fm/eileengoh) me! I'll help as much as possible!

cheers to beauty!

Carol Ching

Post by Carol Ching » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 2:27 am

apple0105 wrote:Hi all, Just done my double eyelids 2 wks ago and I've been a silent reader few years back on most forums when I was really into getting my double eyelids done, but putting it to halt since I was still young and studying.

I've gotten a lot of information on different forums and really thankful for those who have contributed! Since many of my friends are interested in the procedure, so I'm drafting out a post with pictures on my surgery and at the same time to share it with you guys as well!

I don't frequent forums now, but just come back to share info and thanks all those who have helped me in the past! Will be continuing working on the post but meanwhile y'all can check out my instagram (@_eileengoh) for more pictures and if y'all like it and have any questions, you can askfm (http://ask.fm/eileengoh) me! I'll help as much as possible!

cheers to beauty!

Hi,

Can I know which clinic you do in Taiwan? Is it painful?

babylovescakes1234

Post by babylovescakes1234 » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 4:10 pm

Hi, I'm going in Aug too. Can you email me [email protected] ? thanks

Carol Ching

Post by Carol Ching » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 6:58 pm

babylovescakes1234 wrote:

Hi, I'm going in Aug too. Can you email me [email protected] ? thanks
Which clinic you going?

apple0105

Post by apple0105 » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 6:46 pm

Hi guys,
I've done up a post on my recently double eyelid surgery already! Just wanna share with those who are interested!

It's not very well done but, I still hope that it provides some information for those who are keen in the surgery! :D

Here you go.

http://withloveeileen.blogspot.sg/

if there's anymore qns, y'all can ask me on my askfm. http://ask.fm/eileengoh

apple0105

Post by apple0105 » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 6:51 pm

Carol Ching wrote:
apple0105 wrote:Hi all, Just done my double eyelids 2 wks ago and I've been a silent reader few years back on most forums when I was really into getting my double eyelids done, but putting it to halt since I was still young and studying.

cheers to beauty!

Hi,

Can I know which clinic you do in Taiwan? Is it painful?
Hi, carol! StarClinic. I did a post on the surgery! all the pictures and info of the clinic are all there! http://withloveeileen.blogspot.sg/ but if you still have doubts, can just ask me of askfm http://ask.fm/eileengoh I'll reply you promptly there! cos i dont really visit the forum that often.! ^__^

Carol Ching

Post by Carol Ching » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 8:17 pm

Hi

Thank you for sharing :))

Anyone interested to go Taiwan in July or aug, pls msg me.