Singapore Expats

So being a virgin (male) at 22 & 2.5 years of college = fail

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 3:24 pm

Beeroclock wrote:I do note however that the US President, elected by the US people (twice) has very closely echoed my earlier comment, so perhaps it's not only x9200 and me in this boat.
Yeah, but have you looked at the demographics he sucked up to in order to get elected both times? I wouldn't call 'em US people. I say more like US parasites who will vote for whoever gives 'em a dollar via ACORN or some other conduit. Look at his approval ratings now that the flow of free dollars has stopped. But that another kettle of fermenting fish.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 9:50 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Beeroclock wrote:I do note however that the US President, elected by the US people (twice) has very closely echoed my earlier comment, so perhaps it's not only x9200 and me in this boat.
Yeah, but have you looked at the demographics he sucked up to in order to get elected both times? I wouldn't call 'em US people. I say more like US parasites who will vote for whoever gives 'em a dollar via ACORN or some other conduit. Look at his approval ratings now that the flow of free dollars has stopped. But that another kettle of fermenting fish.
...and this ladies and gents... is the sort of attitude that causes the massive polarization and hatred across the political lines in the USA.... ("if you voted for the other guy you must be a parasite?, I know plently of people who voted for Obama who are not that).

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:12 am

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:12 am

PNGMK wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
...and this ladies and gents... is the sort of attitude that causes the massive polarization and hatred across the political lines in the USA.... ("if you voted for the other guy you must be a parasite?, I know plently of people who voted for Obama who are not that).
Yeh... I wan't going to say anything what with SMS being a friend and all... but I voted for Obama twice. SMS is way off base. There are a lot of people, aka, non parasites, that think the Republican positions are bankrupt, and like me, seek a solution to economic and social problems that doesn't entail cutting benefits for the poor and cutting taxes for the rich.

And since PNGMK brought it up, I am appalled by your characterization of Obama supporters.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 1:24 pm

For the record, I didn't vote for either of the two main parties in the last two elections. I am a registered Republican, however I have enough sense to know how to vote against both of the majors when both don't have anything to offer. I'm not easily hoodwinked like some here. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers