Singapore Expats

Can anyone share some insights living in Kovan, noisy?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Everlasting

Can anyone share some insights living in Kovan, noisy?

Post by Everlasting » Sun, 01 Jun 2014 12:57 pm

Hi,

We are looking to move and are now considering Kovan condo which is close to MRT...I heard from someone saying that it's going to be very noisy as the airbase is just at Paya lebar...I would appreciate some insights for people already living there? Is the neighbourhood any good?

Thks

Search By

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Can anyone share some insights living in Kovan, noisy?

Post by JR8 » Sun, 01 Jun 2014 3:35 pm

Everlasting wrote:Hi, We are looking to move and are now considering Kovan condo which is close to MRT...I heard from someone saying that it's going to be very noisy as the airbase is just at Paya lebar...I would appreciate some insights for people already living there? Is the neighbourhood any good? Thks
If Kovan is off-limits due to Payar Lebar (PL), then the whole east side of the island (1/4 of the country?) is surely off-limits due to PL + Changi combined.

Some observations:
- They're practicing for National Day Parade right now, and there is a lot of military jet activity as a result of this. Fly-bys, mock sortees etc. It'll be over by Aug 9th, well, until next year.
- The above is a daytime activity. Anyone working in an office likely won't notice at all. Anyone inside an air-conned condo likely won't notice either.
- SG is a relatively very noisy place anyway. I'd focus on being away from schools, main roads, MRT lines, community halls etc, transport hubs and so on, IME they generate way more noise than a few jets to and fro during the daytime...

Everlasting

Kovan

Post by Everlasting » Sun, 01 Jun 2014 10:35 pm

Thks for your input ! I just heard from a friend of mine complaining about the noise, that's the why I want to know if it's the case for others...

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:22 am

Most of the Changi flights never go over the island. That said, JR8 is right and everything in Singapore is noisy. Roads, construction, etc. It'll be hit or miss depending on the individual unit you view.

timothychua

Post by timothychua » Sat, 07 Jun 2014 3:13 pm

As a Real Estate Agent myself, I live in Kovan, and TBH i don't remember anything about the noise pollution. In fact the only noise comes when m dogs start barking! Haha.

No advertisements