Singapore Expats

Here we go again......

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 9:46 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the alleged offenders were ANOTHER caste that the upper caste rapits/murderers have scape goated. I love India but sometimes...

proxymoron
Regular
Regular

Post by proxymoron » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 9:30 am

Possible, but being an indian myself I dont believe people in rural villages like that have the awareness to manipulate media and frame upper caste. Most of them are not allowed to have basic education, with not much exposure about outside world.

Apparently there were 2 police men also involved in the raping and strangling of the kids. Making it feels the kids are in a better place now, than spending rest of their life in such a horrible place.
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 10:08 am

proxymoron wrote:
Apparently there were 2 police men also involved in the raping and strangling of the kids. Making it feels the kids are in a better place now, than spending rest of their life in such a horrible place.
Is that anything like the story last night about the Indian Lawmaker under Modi who says rape is a social problem and sometimes it's wrong and sometimes it okay? :o

Sounds like the new Modi Government is starting to show it true colours already.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 10:29 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
proxymoron wrote:
Is that anything like the story last night about the Indian Lawmaker under Modi who says rape is a social problem and sometimes it's wrong and sometimes it okay? :o

Sounds like the new Modi Government is starting to show it true colours already.
Modi is ok - it's his legion of minsters who are the problem me thinks.

Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Primrose Hill » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 1:40 pm

What is the world coming to :mad:

proxymoron
Regular
Regular

Post by proxymoron » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 3:50 pm

PNGMK wrote: Modi is ok - it's his legion of minsters who are the problem me thinks.
+1

Modi leadership looks very promising. But he is a from a party which is very closely associated with the right wing activists. Which is going to create road blocks for him during his tenure. Also changing these kind of social issues, which have been happening for millenniums, will take very long time. Even for a (arguably)dynamic leader like Modi.

And the fellow who said "raping is sometimes okay"... is just an idiot, and sadly represent mentality of very people who elected him. Thankfully he is just a "state" minister, not part of Modi govt.
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Tue, 10 Jun 2014 12:01 am

Another shooting yesterday, this one in Las Vegas, that left several dead, including 2 police officers:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /10223527/

The madness has to stop!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Jun 2014 2:39 pm

Back to the topic.....

WTF!
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Tue, 10 Jun 2014 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 10 Jun 2014 2:42 pm

Too big, gramps. Need to resize that image.

I think zzm9980 showed a link to those misogynist comments before.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Jun 2014 2:45 pm

Was sorting the size as you were posting. :wink: