Singapore Expats

hi everyone my pass cancelled without prior notice

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ayilei

hi everyone my pass cancelled without prior notice

Post by ayilei » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:47 am

hi everyone i just want to ask ... my spass just cancelled without prior notice im still 3-4months on this company and they just cancelled immediatley without prior notice..after then i just keep quiet and seek another job again although i still have the right to complain in MOM.. then i found this agent, and they apply for me spass then after several days my pass rejected (spass)..
i just want to ask do i still have the chance to approve if they will re appeal or apply me another pass again? i just need your advise plss help me im so depressed already....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:28 pm

First company likely was over quota. Second company maybe didn't have quota. Hard to say. Or, you may have not been qualified for the second job, e.g., now days, having a degree in biology will not get you a job in the Hotel Service Industry. It would in the past as you only needed a degree. Now, S pass holders need a relevant degree, e.g., you will not get an S pass if you have a soft degree and are applying for a technician's job. You complaining to MOM is a waste of time. In fact, they might like you to complain as it might give them a reason to blacklist your file and you would never get another S pass. What I think I would do, is start preparing yourself and your affairs here so that when your SVP runs out, you can leave without leaving any strings dangling.

I'm going to be losing around 10 probably by the middle of July as I'm over quota by 10 S pass holder thanks to the new rules in January. I'm losing 2 and the end of June who where rejected on renewal and I'll probably get a a letter from MOM telling me to axe a further 10 to comply with the new rules (MOM told us this would happen back in January come the 1st of July.

It's pretty rough for a lot of S pass holders.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers