Singapore Expats

Here we go again......

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Here we go again......

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 May 2014 8:49 pm

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/indian-cousin ... 21046.html

Mass shooting in the US because he couldn't get laid. :roll:

Mass suicide in India because they got laid too much. :cry:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 29 May 2014 9:27 pm

or get laid and get stone.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 May 2014 9:48 pm

That too!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 30 May 2014 9:16 am

This has been the subject of concern to the backpacking community, especially females. India is a beautiful country but damn, the sexual subjugation of women there is simply appalling.

A female friend of mine actually went backpacking there and survived. But she is a tomboy (flat chest, short hair and all) and boy, that really worked very well for her.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 May 2014 12:25 pm

the lynx wrote:This has been the subject of concern to the backpacking community, especially females. India is a beautiful country but damn, the sexual subjugation of women there is simply appalling.

A female friend of mine actually went backpacking there and survived. But she is a tomboy (flat chest, short hair and all) and boy, that really worked very well for her.
Not as bad as Cairo. Pretty much unpassable for women now - esp buxom blondes.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 30 May 2014 8:53 pm

PNGMK wrote:
the lynx wrote:This has been the subject of concern to the backpacking community, especially females. India is a beautiful country but damn, the sexual subjugation of women there is simply appalling.

wearing leggings? :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05 ... 05054.html

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 May 2014 9:11 pm

durain wrote:
PNGMK wrote:

wearing leggings? :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05 ... 05054.html
I thought maybe you meant these......

http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/hairy-leg-stockings

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Here we go again......

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 30 May 2014 11:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Coroner says they were strangled after being raped, not suicide.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sat, 31 May 2014 12:30 pm

Poor children. The problem with that area is there is every chance the family hung them because of the dishonour.

I am not trying to quibble and I know there is no intent of disrespect but the phrase "laid to much" doesn't really sit well with me. Rape is not sex.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sat, 31 May 2014 1:59 pm

Isn't it the in-thing now for women to be flat-chested? See lots of them on the FTV runway :P

the lynx wrote: .....
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 May 2014 3:20 pm

Hannieroo wrote:Poor children. The problem with that area is there is every chance the family hung them because of the dishonour.

I am not trying to quibble and I know there is no intent of disrespect but the phrase "laid to much" doesn't really sit well with me. Rape is not sex.
I agree, and there wasn't any intent of disrespect. but taking your last sentence a wee bit further, couldn't that depend on whether it was the giver or the receiver?

Hat, coat & brolly .........door!

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Here we go again......

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 May 2014 3:23 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Coroner says they were strangled after being raped, not suicide.
Yeah, when I first posted the link, I don't think the coroner had finished and the news just had them hanging themselves. Pretty sad no matter how we look at it.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sat, 31 May 2014 4:15 pm

It's not. Men don't rape because they want sex. They want to hurt, subjugate and humiliate. It might be sex technically but the "excite" button there is a whole lot of effed up.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 5:15 pm

Hannieroo wrote:It's not. Men don't rape because they want sex. They want to hurt, subjugate and humiliate. It might be sex technically but the "excite" button there is a whole lot of effed up.
+1. The entire case is sickening, disgusting and disturbing. I was in India when it happened...

proxymoron
Regular
Regular

Post by proxymoron » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 12:09 pm

From what I read from regional news papers this whole incident was just one of atrocities done because of caste system practiced in India. Apparently the "upper" caste wanted to make a statement to "lower" caste people in the village by raping and strangling the teenage girls.

Make me feels sickened and ashamed. And it is unfortunate that the "rape" took centerstage instead of the murder, which in my opinion is bigger evil india has to deal with.

From an outsider point of view, this shouldnt be linked with the other rape incidents happened in urban india. Coz like Hannieroo said, this was not for sex.
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.