Singapore Expats

So being a virgin (male) at 22 & 2.5 years of college = fail

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

So being a virgin (male) at 22 & 2.5 years of college =

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 25 May 2014 10:48 am

What a weirdo... and what an entitled little jerk. What a sick society we've become where young men think they've 'failed' if they're not picking up birds at 22 and 2.5 years of college... and that college is for sex.

I hope he died in extreme pain and agony.

Terribly sorry for his parents though.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 25 May 2014 1:10 pm

What are you on about? :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 25 May 2014 1:21 pm

I suspect a connection with the latest US-shooter.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 25 May 2014 4:09 pm

JR8 wrote:I suspect a connection with the latest US-shooter.
Yes.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 25 May 2014 4:20 pm

Been out and about and airport runs. Didn't see that until a few minutes ago. Lot's of whack-jobs out there.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Sun, 25 May 2014 5:32 pm

Here's the story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/25/justi ... ng-deaths/

Very sad. Obviously someone not mentally stable. If he wanted to have sex, he could have paid a hooker on the street. Not legal to do that. But neither is homicide.

nakatago

Re: So being a virgin (male) at 22 & 2.5 years of colleg

Post by nakatago » Sun, 25 May 2014 5:55 pm

PNGMK wrote:What a weirdo... and what an entitled little jerk. What a sick society we've become where young men think they've 'failed' if they're not picking up birds at 22 and 2.5 years of college... and that college is for sex.

The sex thing isn't society's fault. Having failed to address his obvious mental problems and letting him have access to weapons and going on a rampage is.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sun, 25 May 2014 9:20 pm

BedokAmerican wrote:Here's the story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/25/justi ... ng-deaths/

Very sad. Obviously someone not mentally stable. If he wanted to have sex, he could have paid a hooker on the street. Not legal to do that. But neither is homicide.
Only a real loser couldn't get laid in LA.

So maybe he was right about himself afterall.

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Sun, 25 May 2014 10:03 pm

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff said the suspect had three semi automatic handguns--a Glock 34 and two Sig Sauer P226s-- as well as more than 400 rounds of ammo when he died.

Some people might disagree with me, but I think it's downright scary that a such a mentally unstable individual was able to get their hands on that kind of weaponry.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 25 May 2014 10:48 pm

BedokAmerican wrote:Some people might disagree with me, but I think it's downright scary that a such a mentally unstable individual was able to get their hands on that kind of weaponry.
Even in countries where guns etc are banned, the loonies still manage to get their hands on them.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Re: So being a virgin (male) at 22 & 2.5 years of colleg

Post by Hannieroo » Sun, 25 May 2014 10:53 pm

nakatago wrote:
PNGMK wrote:What a weirdo... and what an entitled little jerk. What a sick society we've become where young men think they've 'failed' if they're not picking up birds at 22 and 2.5 years of college... and that college is for sex.

The sex thing isn't society's fault. Having failed to address his obvious mental problems and letting him have access to weapons and going on a rampage is.
Nakatago has it for me. He wasn't well, shame on you, PNGMK, that's as far from Christian as you can get.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 25 May 2014 11:21 pm

BedokAmerican wrote:Some people might disagree with me, but I think it's downright scary that a such a mentally unstable individual was able to get their hands on that kind of weaponry.
His parents reported him to the police in April for posting suicidal and intended killing videos on YT. Still he managed to make a good impression at that time while (as I understood) talking to the police so they ignored all the warning signs.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Mon, 26 May 2014 10:03 am

JR8 wrote:
Even in countries where guns etc are banned, the loonies still manage to get their hands on them.
Personally I strongly believe that limiting the accessibility of guns reduces the chances a lot. Yes of course it can still happen, but not this frequently. The gun lobby is just too powerful in America so I doubt anything will ever change there and these incidents will keep happening every other month, which is a real shame. I was not really a John Howard fan, but the best thing he did, IMHO will be his legacy, was tightening up the gun laws in Australia after the Port Arthur massacre.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 26 May 2014 10:13 am

Beeroclock wrote:
JR8 wrote:
Personally I strongly believe that limiting the accessibility of guns reduces the chances a lot. Yes of course it can still happen, but not this frequently. The gun lobby is just too powerful in America so I doubt anything will ever change there and these incidents will keep happening every other month, which is a real shame. I was not really a John Howard fan, but the best thing he did, IMHO will be his legacy, was tightening up the gun laws in Australia after the Port Arthur massacre.
You'd 'save' waaaaay more lives by simply banning cars that are capable of exceeding the speed limit; but that of course, however blindingly logical, will never happen.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 26 May 2014 10:19 am

He was rational enough to know what he was doing. He was no nutter, just an entitled little twat.