Singapore Expats

Calling all SC Applicants

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kcsyfne

Calling all SC Applicants

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 20 May 2014 9:57 am

I applied for SC since July 2013. Almost a year, but till today no call nor reply from ICA. Anyone facing the same scenario? please share. Does this means chances of getting approved is higher?

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Tue, 20 May 2014 10:59 am

not necessarily, a friend of mine received his rejection letter after 14 months of waiting.

Best

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 20 May 2014 11:30 am

ful babu wrote:not necessarily, a friend of mine received his rejection letter after 14 months of waiting.

Best
I know one who got rejected after 26 months ....

lfo_24

Post by lfo_24 » Tue, 20 May 2014 12:17 pm

kcsyfne, mind telling us your profile... maybe somehow, it plays a part, just my guess

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 20 May 2014 12:18 pm

ful babu wrote:not necessarily, a friend of mine received his rejection letter after 14 months of waiting.
OMG!!! i need to also prepare myself for rejection.. -.-|||||||

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 20 May 2014 12:21 pm

lfo_24 wrote:kcsyfne, mind telling us your profile... maybe somehow, it plays a part, just my guess
Applying for both myself and daughter age 29 months old. Wanted to apply as a family but unfortunately, my hubby's PR is less than 3 years so he cant apply at the moment of time.

Working as admin. Salary per mth 2.5+. Resided in SG 10 years back. Deliver my daughter in Singapore. Age 29.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 20 May 2014 12:21 pm

You should have prepared yourself for that the day you sent the application in. :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 20 May 2014 12:22 pm

ecureilx wrote:

Best
I know one who got rejected after 26 months ....
That's long. Single applicant?

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 20 May 2014 12:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You should have prepared yourself for that the day you sent the application in. :???:
but many told me the longer the wait, the higher chances :?

And furthermore, my colleague (married but applied for herself only) applied a week before me and got her rejection after waited for 7 mths.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 20 May 2014 12:35 pm

kcsyfne wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:You should have prepared yourself for that the day you sent the application in. :???:

And furthermore, my colleague (married but applied for herself only) applied a week before me and got her rejection after waited for 7 mths.
More like there is something in her application profile that helped ICA to make a decision quicker (i.e. to reject her).

Time is not a yardstick to the success of application. Why the rush, by the way?

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 20 May 2014 1:47 pm

the lynx wrote:
kcsyfne wrote:

More like there is something in her application profile that helped ICA to make a decision quicker (i.e. to reject her).

Time is not a yardstick to the success of application. Why the rush, by the way?
My 1st baby turning 3 this year.. planning for second baby. Don't wanna go through the hassle of applying SC again. And of course, planning to get a BTO

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 20 May 2014 2:53 pm

kcsyfne wrote:
the lynx wrote:
kcsyfne wrote: but many told me the longer the wait, the higher chances :?

My 1st baby turning 3 this year.. planning for second baby. Don't wanna go through the hassle of applying SC again. And of course, planning to get a BTO
And RIGHT THERE lady is why you should not get SC.

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 20 May 2014 5:28 pm

PNGMK wrote:
kcsyfne wrote:
the lynx wrote: More like there is something in her application profile that helped ICA to make a decision quicker (i.e. to reject her).

Erm..what do you mean?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 20 May 2014 8:16 pm

kcsyfne wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
kcsyfne wrote: My 1st baby turning 3 this year.. planning for second baby. Don't wanna go through the hassle of applying SC again. And of course, planning to get a BTO
Erm..what do you mean?
Applying for SC, purely to avail yourself of a financial subsidy for SC, is completely not what the ICA wants to see in future citizens.

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Wed, 21 May 2014 10:05 am

PNGMK wrote:
kcsyfne wrote:
PNGMK wrote: And RIGHT THERE lady is why you should not get SC.
Erm..what do you mean?
Applying for SC, purely to avail yourself of a financial subsidy for SC, is completely not what the ICA wants to see in future citizens.
That was my initial reason. But not anymore now. Planning to get a resale. Another reason is that my whole family is in Sg now. And my mum is a SC by birth. She married to my dad and resided in Mlys all the while and came back to SG 3 years ago. I don't plan to go back malaysia anymore. ;)