Singapore Expats

dependent pass for spouse.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
newbie_12

Post by newbie_12 » Tue, 20 May 2014 4:48 pm

Hello experts,

I got my EP approved for 24 months and I will be moving to Singapore late next month(June). I am married and I want my spouse to join after couple of months i.e in late July or early August. Can someone list me the steps I have to follow for getting my dependent pass for my wife? Shall i initiate the process for getting a DP right away or wait for my wife to come to Singapore, and in later case what kind of visa shall i apply for that she can enter in Singapore?

I want to avoid agents for the needful and want to apply for DP on my own, based on what i have read on mom site so far, i believe i can apply a DP online but I am wondering if i need a login for that.

I am checking the MOM website for more information as I am writing this post. You help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: dependent pass for spouse.

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 20 May 2014 10:52 pm

newbie_12 wrote:Hello experts,

I got my EP approved for 24 months and I will be moving to Singapore late next month(June). I am married and I want my spouse to join after couple of months i.e in late July or early August. Can someone list me the steps I have to follow for getting my dependent pass for my wife? Shall i initiate the process for getting a DP right away or wait for my wife to come to Singapore, and in later case what kind of visa shall i apply for that she can enter in Singapore?

I want to avoid agents for the needful and want to apply for DP on my own, based on what i have read on mom site so far, i believe i can apply a DP online but I am wondering if i need a login for that.

I am checking the MOM website for more information as I am writing this post. You help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
for visa, you didn't say which country you are from, since if you are from a country with visa waiver privilege .... it is a different case

now for DP, read again the mom site

more or less your employer must submit it, using Singpass, as they need to endorse a few things there ....

what agent are you talking about?

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

newbie_12

Post by newbie_12 » Wed, 21 May 2014 12:30 am

My apologies, I am from India.

I went through the the mom website and it does mention below points:

-The applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the employer of the Employment or S Pass holder.
-The form must be endorsed with the company's stamp or seal, and signed by the applicant and an authorised officer from the sponsoring company.

However my company hired a attorney for getting me a EP, they did not do it themselves. Now since, we missed to get DP in the same application, attorney is again charging us. I am wondering if I can apply a DP on my own, I can ask my company to stamp/seal the form wherever necessary. I want to avoid attorneys intervention for getting a DP.