Singapore Expats

Has anyone's PR been approved after the first attempt ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Whataylife

Has anyone's PR been approved after the first attempt ?

Post by Whataylife » Sat, 17 May 2014 9:01 am

My PR got rejected recently with the letter saying that u r welcome to stay with your current passes. Does this mean a dead end? has there been any instance of people getting PR after this reply on the first attempt.

I fear my PR was rejected as i was out of job for a brief period , 2 months, during the process. I had PEP and secured a new job in 2 months but by then i guess the damage was done.

How long shud i wait now to re apply.
Me and my wife, mid 30s, indians, working in finanacial sector, wife used to work but now housewife, 240k sgd annual income.

Thx

nakatago

Re: Has anyone's PR been approved after the first attempt

Post by nakatago » Sat, 17 May 2014 9:05 am

Whataylife wrote:My PR got rejected recently with the letter saying that u r welcome to stay with your current passes. Does this mean a dead end?
Yes. Otherwise, it would tell you you could try again after X years.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 May 2014 9:38 am

^^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sat, 17 May 2014 10:11 am

Whataylife wrote:My PR got rejected recently with the letter saying that u r welcome to stay with your current passes. Does this mean a dead end? has there been any instance of people getting PR after this reply on the first attempt.

I fear my PR was rejected as i was out of job for a brief period , 2 months, during the process. I had PEP and secured a new job in 2 months but by then i guess the damage was done.

How long shud i wait now to re apply.
Me and my wife, mid 30s, indians, working in finanacial sector, wife used to work but now housewife, 240k sgd annual income.

Thx
If this is any indication of your English writing ability, you may have been rejected due to that.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 17 May 2014 10:53 am

Yes, in 1994 my PR was approved on first application.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 May 2014 10:57 am

At your income level and working in the financial sector, I'd say that was the real reason why you were rejected. Most, at that level, in that industry, will follow the dollar so are considered mercenaries and are not the type to sink roots except very shallow ones so that they can abuse the system but bail out when another offer presents itself elsewhere. The government knows this and therefore looks at most at the >200K levels as not really prospective citizens, knowing they will disappear at the next better offer. Probably nothing personal at all, but they only want to give PR to those who actually know what the term "Permanent" Resident means.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Sat, 17 May 2014 3:46 pm

Whataylife wrote:My PR got rejected recently with the letter saying that u r welcome to stay with your current passes. Does this mean a dead end? has there been any instance of people getting PR after this reply on the first attempt.
AFTER this reply (which is the rejection of the first attempt) getting PR ON THE FIRST ATTEMPT is clearly impossible. The next application after this is your second attempt.

Whataylife

Post by Whataylife » Sat, 17 May 2014 4:19 pm

Yes. I was just asking what's the chances for further attempts if u get this kind of reply in the first time. My job is more towards asset management and not banking, which was earlier the case. How much longer shud I wait to apply for PR again?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sat, 17 May 2014 5:50 pm

Chances' are next to 0,however there is nothing to stop you from reapplying again is there?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Sat, 17 May 2014 6:16 pm

There are cases where a second, third, fourth, etc. attempt was eventually successful, but they always came with changes in circumstances that made ICA believe the applicant is now a better match for Singapore and will actually stay for the long term.
A change in approval policies is also theoretically possible, but signs are that such changes are towards making less people eligible in the foreseeable future.
In any case, since they don't like "desperate" applicants, you should wait at least 12 months before re-applying.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 19 May 2014 11:54 am

my wife's app was approved on first try. she was earning a rather low salary (~40k?) and applied based on her own merits... 10 years ago i think? she was not married then.

she's east asian but not from china.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Primrose Hill » Mon, 19 May 2014 2:30 pm

Yup, we got ours at first rounds, applied after 6/7months in the country and got our approvals on our 1st anniversary

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 19 May 2014 3:05 pm

Primrose Hill wrote:Yup, we got ours at first rounds, applied after 6/7months in the country and got our approvals on our 1st anniversary
OP meant to ask if anyone has been successful AFTER the first (failed) attempt, especially with that rejection letter...

Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Primrose Hill » Mon, 19 May 2014 3:10 pm

the lynx wrote:
Primrose Hill wrote:Yup, we got ours at first rounds, applied after 6/7months in the country and got our approvals on our 1st anniversary
OP meant to ask if anyone has been successful AFTER the first (failed) attempt, especially with that rejection letter...
Ooops :oops: