Singapore Expats

Tricky situation.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Fri, 16 May 2014 9:42 am

Congratulations!!

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 16 May 2014 10:58 am

the lynx wrote:Nice one. Happy for you!

So for your new apartment, will you be staying in that same area again or will you be going for different location this time?
Thanks Lynx.Same area, my wife and daughter have lots of friends here so I would like to find something in the same street ideally.

Also my office will be in MBFC, so I wont be able to reduce the commute by much no matter where I stay unless I stay in the city, which I cannot afford.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 16 May 2014 11:01 am

Thanks Raj, Beeroclock, ZZM, JR8, ecureilx, sms and everybody :)

The HR just sent me EP form. It looks like they are going to do a manual application :(. I guess its going to take some time for approval.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 16 May 2014 11:35 am

Wd40 wrote:Thanks Raj, Beeroclock, ZZM, JR8, ecureilx, sms and everybody :)

The HR just sent me EP form. It looks like they are going to do a manual application :(. I guess its going to take some time for approval.
I don't know how it works these days, but do you think they're sending you a template so you can provide all the required data, that they can subsequently file electronically?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 May 2014 12:01 pm

Good possibility. That way, if it goes belly up, you cannot blame the employer for botching it up. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pisceangirl » Fri, 16 May 2014 8:55 pm

Congrats Wd40! Looks like I"ll still have some fun on the forum after all :P :wink:
Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are. (Tupac)

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Fri, 16 May 2014 9:51 pm

Hi SMS, I find your statement below, cheeky :P

WD40, congrat. As what SMS has said, the next hurdle is the EP. I doubt you will have a problem getting it since it's a P1 pass.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:One hurdle at a time. .... Little prayer for you..... [-o<
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 16 May 2014 10:16 pm

We can continue to pull his leg. I was getting disappointed that I wouldn't be able to mess with him anymore.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 16 May 2014 10:34 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote:Hi SMS, I find your statement below, cheeky :P

WD40, congrat. As what SMS has said, the next hurdle is the EP. I doubt you will have a problem getting it since it's a P1 pass.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:One hurdle at a time. .... Little prayer for you..... [-o<
Thanks, Actually its not P1 pass. Its 7.5K X 13 month salary and then one month performance bonus at the end of the 1 year contract. So averaged over the year its P1 levels but MoM wont look at it that way I guess.

Today I went and signed the contract and submitted the filled forms. I asked whether they are submitting online or manual and they said its online and max it has taken 7 days, in their experience. I am surprised why they made me fill the manual form. On asking they said, they still need my declaration. Whatever. In my previous 3 EPs and 1 PEP applications. I don't remember filling anything more than like 1 page that too soft copy. But today had to fill 3 long forms, template like (1 EP and 2 DPs) and their internal forms and then had to give them a huge bunch of all my and my wife documents. Spent the whole afternoon on it. Tomorrow morning need to go for medical check. So I am all set to fly tomorrow night. :)

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 16 May 2014 10:37 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:We can continue to pull his leg. I was getting disappointed that I wouldn't be able to mess with him anymore.
This company I am going to join is not going to be as lax as my current company. My current company I used to stay in office only 2 hrs and the rest WFH. This forum was my biggest past time :) But my next company, they have already warned me not to expect 9-6. That's going to be drastic shift.

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pisceangirl » Sat, 17 May 2014 5:30 pm

Can't believe you put in that kind of time and energy into your posts in your previous job...I mean judging from the posts :P
Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are. (Tupac)

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sat, 17 May 2014 5:46 pm

Wd40 wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:We can continue to pull his leg. I was getting disappointed that I wouldn't be able to mess with him anymore.
This company I am going to join is not going to be as lax as my current company. My current company I used to stay in office only 2 hrs and the rest WFH. This forum was my biggest past time :) But my next company, they have already warned me not to expect 9-6. That's going to be drastic shift.
blind the world with your brilliance wd40 or baffle them with your bullshit.
both work you know? :P
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 May 2014 5:50 pm

He tried that here early on, but we all saw through it so it changed his nick. :P

Didn't help. Leopards cannot change their spots. Spotted him right off. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: People on hardware zone going nuts

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 20 May 2014 6:31 am

Emergency123 wrote:http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-d ... 81530.html

WD40 has apparently got a fan club on hardware zone.com ( EDMW sub forum )
Seven pages no less. Looks like the post though sparked an argument with the OP/TS there.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 20 May 2014 7:55 am

That's funny and yet sad.

And the guy re-posting everything from this topic over there... lol.

Next he'll be saying he doesn't earn as much as WD did, and actually, is unemployed. Oh hang on, he's already done that! lol

Maybe people who are inclined to whine, could spend their time more fruitfully understanding why some FT are permitted visas to do jobs that the employer has proven a local can't do?