Singapore Expats

EP Application rejected

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 15 May 2014 12:12 pm

AngMoG wrote:I think this job is gone for you. The MoM already "knows" you do not have the experience, and changing anything in the position or your experience is not likely to get better results. To me, it also sounds like a position easily filled by a local, at least in title, which may work against you.

If they offer you a different job (with different title and scope) that is more in line with you experience, you may have a chance. Otherwise, you can try getting a job that is more in line with your experience (Software QA).
CRM consultant is niche package application s/w, like Siebel CRM or MS Dynamics CRM. You wont find locals who can do it.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 15 May 2014 12:17 pm

ashivara wrote:My new job title is a CRM Consultant.
I think my employer has chosen the IT Analyst/Consultant option for the Occupation section in the EP Application form which is not the same as what was present in earlier experience( Software Quality Analyst).

Also on the ease of finding a local candidate for this position..
I am into Cloud technology ( Salesforce). As I see there are many positions which are open for quite sometime in various job sites. Some not filled for as long as 3 months. So I don't agree that there are many people locally.
I guess MOM should create another occupation section for Cloud Technologies.
Forget this company. Try to get yourself a job with a large body shopping company in India and they will figure out a way to get you a EP or work permit to any other country.

ashivara

Post by ashivara » Thu, 15 May 2014 1:24 pm

Addadude wrote:
ashivara wrote:It also means that MOM does not agree with the company's decision to hire me? What can be the reason for MOM to distrust a company's decision.
I am joining a relative start up. Not sure if MOM would interfere in an established company's decision.
Ashivara, that's exactly what it means. For whatever reason - and it probably has everything to do with what SMS has said - MOM has decided that the position you are being hired for does not require an EP holder to fill it - or perhaps, unfortunately, an EP holder with your level of qualifications. And 'interfering with an established company's hiring decision' is exactly what MOM is there for.

Your prospective employer can appeal as often as they want, but it sounds like MOM's mind is made up and they risk antagonising them. If I were you, I would ask them to stop appealing and perhaps change the role to match your qualifications.
If my employer changes the Occupation in the application form from Consultant to Quality Assurance Analyst, wouldn't it be obvious to MOM?
Or will they treat it as a genuine mistake in the application?
Also would you suggest creating a new application for this ?

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Addadude » Thu, 15 May 2014 1:31 pm

Your quote from MOM says it all:

"Your candidate does not have the relevant work experience for the position applied for. Thus we are unable to approve the application. You are advised not to appeal if there is no change to the candidate's work experience."

I suspect your prospective employer will not only have to change the job title, they'll have to change the position entirely to hopefully match your work experience.

However, to be very honest, going by their wording, it could well be that they don't consider your work experience relevant for any role worthy of being granted an EP. I'm sorry but one has to be realistic here.

WD40's advice may be more relevant for you.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

ashivara

Post by ashivara » Thu, 15 May 2014 1:51 pm

Addadude wrote:Your quote from MOM says it all:

"Your candidate does not have the relevant work experience for the position applied for. Thus we are unable to approve the application. You are advised not to appeal if there is no change to the candidate's work experience."

I suspect your prospective employer will not only have to change the job title, they'll have to change the position entirely to hopefully match your work experience.

However, to be very honest, going by their wording, it could well be that they don't consider your work experience relevant for any role worthy of being granted an EP. I'm sorry but one has to be realistic here.

WD40's advice may be more relevant for you.
Not sure about that..
Because I have worked in SG with EP for the past 3 years.It is only in Jan that I quit my job.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 May 2014 5:35 pm

Wd40 wrote:[quote="AngMo
CRM consultant is niche package application s/w, like Siebel CRM or MS Dynamics CRM. You wont find locals who can do it.
years ago when my role changed to pre sales engineer and EP application said so my pass was summarily rejected

only a detailed letter in appeal saying though my job title has sales it is purely engineer work saved my bacon, as the officer hinted the 'sales' title is not in favour with MOM.

now, those in MOM have their own interpretation of job titles and experience required

if you can convince them otherwise you may stand a chance

or else it is a no go

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 May 2014 8:50 am

ecureilx wrote:
years ago when my role changed to pre sales engineer and EP application said so my pass was summarily rejected

only a detailed letter in appeal saying though my job title has sales it is purely engineer work saved my bacon, as the officer hinted the 'sales' title is not in favour with MOM.

now, those in MOM have their own interpretation of job titles and experience required

or else it is a no go
Another reason why nobody applies EP for "sales" job. They use "business development". Same thing for "pest technician"/"pest manager" and other buzzword goo.

ashivara

Post by ashivara » Sat, 17 May 2014 2:24 pm

ecureilx wrote:

or else it is a no go
Do u happen to remember what rejection reason was given??

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 May 2014 5:46 pm

If it was more than 3 years ago, it wouldn't matter. In fact if it was more than 2 years ago, it's doubtful that it would make a difference.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 17 May 2014 8:10 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If it was more than 3 years ago, it wouldn't matter. In fact if it was more than 2 years ago, it's doubtful that it would make a difference.
it was more than that, about 11 years ago:-)

those days all you see in the letter is not successful and that's it

only when i went to submit my appeal, I got the hint

it was those days when MOM was located at the ICA building at Lavender Street, and EP submission was manual, with printed forms and handed over personally