Singapore Expats

Applied for PR...what are our chances?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
manviyer

Applied for PR...what are our chances?

Post by manviyer » Thu, 08 May 2014 10:30 am

After being in Singapore for the past 3 years, we just applied for PR on April 25. Can anyone shed light on our chances of approval?

Nationality: Indian
Husband aged 40, wife aged 40, kids - girl aged 9, boy aged 3
Husband is in a Asia Pacific Regional Director role with a big company, monthly income around 24K
Wife works part-time on LOC as a Trainer

Given that our Nationality is not a "favoured" one, how are our chances of getting approval? And typically how long does it take?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Applied for PR...what are our chances?

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 08 May 2014 12:01 pm

manviyer wrote:After being in Singapore for the past 3 years, we just applied for PR on April 25. Can anyone shed light on our chances of approval?

Nationality: Indian
Husband aged 40, wife aged 40, kids - girl aged 9, boy aged 3
Husband is in a Asia Pacific Regional Director role with a big company, monthly income around 24K
Wife works part-time on LOC as a Trainer

Given that our Nationality is not a "favoured" one, how are our chances of getting approval? And typically how long does it take?
60%, 13 months.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 08 May 2014 12:10 pm

I don't understand why some posters who are very much aware they are not really welcome as would be PR'ers and yet ask the same Q over and over again on this forum. Why don't they send in their PR application, and then see the outcome? If their application's approved, good. If rejected, good too. even if it takes forever for the outcome. Just don't understand their impatience and the need to rush.

Yeesh ...!
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 May 2014 1:51 pm

That's easy, yogaloungeforever.

They are afraid they are going to lose their EP/S pass before they get their PR. Desperation shows in their posts. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by midlet2013 » Thu, 08 May 2014 2:03 pm

Would it not be better simply not to reply than to do a psychoanalysis of their desperation.

I hope they get the PR but I also hope that they are ready with an alternative in case they dont get and they have to leave.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 08 May 2014 2:40 pm

then you should prob tell your brader to do his homework... all his questions have the answers repeated throughout this forum And indians in general are an impatient lot. p'raps this is a good time for him to learn the meaning of patience :)

midlet2013 wrote:Would it not be better simply not to reply than to do a psychoanalysis of their desperation.

I hope they get the PR but I also hope that they are ready with an alternative in case they dont get and they have to leave.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 08 May 2014 2:46 pm

midlet2013 wrote:Would it not be better simply not to reply than to do a psychoanalysis of their desperation.

I hope they don't. In fact I'd like to see the whole PR program shut down for a few years and revamped.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 08 May 2014 5:56 pm

PNGMK wrote:I hope they don't. In fact I'd like to see the whole PR program shut down for a few years and revamped.
Nice to witness some true Christian compassion there PNG ...

@Yoga - 'your brader'
Wasn't he a character in The Magnificent Seven, and the King & I?
...or perhaps a relative of that baddy in Star Wars :???:

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 08 May 2014 9:56 pm

I bet even Christ himself will get tired of the same questions. In addition I am pretty sure he will be pissed himself with peeps who after giving them an inch want a yard and still come back for more but never give back!

JR8 wrote:
Nice to witness some true Christian compassion there PNG ...

@Yoga - 'your brader'

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 09 May 2014 5:16 pm

[quote="yogaloungeforever"]then you should prob tell your brader to do his homework... all his questions have the answers repeated throughout this forum And indians in general are an impatient lot. p'raps this is a good time for him to learn the meaning of patience :)

Let me give you some insight of this group

Patience is NOT in their fortitude

Ancient is IN their aptitude

Transient is their general attitude

What we understand they will never understood

For Godsake man, they can be earning sh*tload of money compare to us but most of them have the size of the pea brain when comes to general awareness.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 09 May 2014 7:24 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote: @Yoga - 'your brader'
[/quote]

Sorry, too obscure. Yul Brenner and Darth Vader.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 09 May 2014 7:37 pm

If we were really Christian, we'd have no borders or immigration.

But we don't.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 09 May 2014 11:52 pm

PNGMK wrote:If we were really Christian, we'd have no borders or immigration. But we don't.
Thank heavens for that! Can you imagine how many of our passenger planes they'd blow up? :o

p.s. Was that a line from John Lennon's intensely hypocritical 'Imagine' ? You, know the one he penned from his $30mm apartment overlooking Central Park, the one that had a dedicated refrigerated walk-in closet for his fur coats. How did it go ... 'Imagine no possessions, it's easy if you try'... :?

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 10 May 2014 1:18 am

JR8 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:If we were really Christian, we'd have no borders or immigration. But we don't.
Thank heavens for that! Can you imagine how many of our passenger planes they'd blow up? :o

p.s. Was that a line from John Lennon's intensely hypocritical 'Imagine' ? You, know the one he penned from his $30mm apartment overlooking Central Park, the one that had a dedicated refrigerated walk-in closet for his fur coats. How did it go ... 'Imagine no possessions, it's easy if you try'... :?
Christ recognized the Roman empire as the ruler in his time on earth but promised all that would be void on his return.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Sat, 10 May 2014 11:12 am

PNGMK wrote:
JR8 wrote:

Christ recognized the Roman empire as the ruler in his time on earth but promised all that would be void on his return.
Silvio Berlusconi has certainly done his part to fulfil this prophecy.