Singapore Expats

Guy on PA going bonkers (9pm)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Guy on PA going bonkers (9pm)

Post by JR8 » Tue, 06 May 2014 9:02 pm

I can't say I've witnessed anything like it before.

On a large patch of undeveloped land nearby they had set up a very large tent. I had assumed it might be a funeral, as I've seen funeral/wakes held there before.

But it's 9pm, and there's a guy certainly 1/2-3/4 mile away going 'absolutely nuts' over the PA. Is it political? Surely it can't be a funeral? He's been going at least 20 minutes, hardly pausing for breath, *shouting and yelling*, and it's akin to a seriously very very angry and loud political tirade.

WTH/Any ideas?! :???:

p.s. 'bonkers' in this case = absolutely freakin nuts!!?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 06 May 2014 9:56 pm

proselytizing?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 06 May 2014 10:18 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:proselytizing?
He's still going, I've had to shut my windows, as I had to focus on some work.

There are maybe 100s of people there, I can only imagine it's sanctioned and political...

:???:

Edit: went on until 10.30pm. ???

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 07 May 2014 11:40 am

not as bad as the hare krishna hare rama chanting stuff that went on in my apartment block the other day.. thank God I didn't have any meetings or calls from home that evening...
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Guy on PA going bonkers (9pm)

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 07 May 2014 2:27 pm

JR8 wrote:I can't say I've witnessed anything like it before.

On a large patch of undeveloped land nearby they had set up a very large tent. I had assumed it might be a funeral, as I've seen funeral/wakes held there before.

But it's 9pm, and there's a guy certainly 1/2-3/4 mile away going 'absolutely nuts' over the PA. Is it political? Surely it can't be a funeral? He's been going at least 20 minutes, hardly pausing for breath, *shouting and yelling*, and it's akin to a seriously very very angry and loud political tirade.

WTH/Any ideas?! :???:

p.s. 'bonkers' in this case = absolutely freakin nuts!!?
Coming up to a big day in the lunar calendar. It might have been a charity auction.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Wed, 07 May 2014 7:51 pm

Maybe I strafing run by the air force could have sorted it for you.

Sorry tongue in cheek :P

Seems you have a lot of issues with noise pollution lately :-(

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 07 May 2014 9:03 pm

Steve1960 wrote:Maybe I strafing run by the air force could have sorted it for you. Sorry tongue in cheek :P Seems you have a lot of issues with noise pollution lately :-(
No problem, knock yourself out man! Oh and I agree :) The last month or two have been, and seen, intense work (multiple leases, covenants, freehold share certificates, years worth of service charge bills, and on and on, and on - in a room in which the windows are open 24/7. When you have to really focus, the likes of a guy gratuitously 'popping' his door locks 20 times in a row can get to you.

It's not usually like this, the study is usually for leisure in which case nothing much bothers me at all. So I'm quite sure I'm noticing distractions way more than I normally would, simply because I have to focus

[As I type the door-locks are 'popping' on and off, the alarm is going off, 'pop, pop-pop, pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop, woo-wa-woo-wa-woo wa, pop, pop-pop .... . Is it 'Singaporean car-door beeper torture'? It feels like it at times :? )

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Wed, 07 May 2014 9:14 pm

Put on your Bose, Sennheiser, B&O or whatever headset and chill to your favourite music whilst trying to get that work done :-)

Blocks out her in doors too..........................did I say that?

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Thu, 08 May 2014 12:38 am

I can't hear a thing at my pad. Perfect "quietness" all around. All I can hear at times is the Buddhists praying... :)