Singapore Expats

Multiple Concurrent EP's

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
johngu1980

Multiple Concurrent EP's

Post by johngu1980 » Thu, 01 May 2014 5:51 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to hold multiple concurrent employment passes in Singapore? Assume I am employed by a company A, and company A has no problem with me working part-time for company B (and is willing to write a letter saying so), and company B is willing to apply for an EP, is this allowed by Singapore? I couldn't find any information on this at all on the MOM website.

Along the same lines, assume then there is no company B, but a set of potential clients that would like me to freelance (while I am holding an EP from company A), is there a way for me to do this? For example, can I establish some sort of entity that would employ myself under a separate EP that would allow me to do this set of freelance work?

Thanks,
John

reinstated by moderator
Last edited by johngu1980 on Thu, 01 May 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 May 2014 6:42 pm

No. Niet, Non, Nada. Bù, Ne, Nee, Hindi, Nein, Ohee, Nahi, Tidak, Nai, Illai, Mai, No way.

Not possible. You are only allowed to hold one Employment Visa and it's against the law to hold a 2nd job. Part time, full time or ad hoc. You also cannot have you own business while on an EP. Full Stop. Play-play with MOM and you will be out of the country so fast it will make your head spin. What happened with your PR application? Surely, with your credentials and income level they would have jumped at the opportunity. Or, maybe they figured that with those credentials you wouldn't stay anyway, but would move on for the highest bidder (this is what usually happens after you pass a certain level).

Actually, we've already been through this with you before.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 01 May 2014 6:54 pm

Agalla
Illa
Illai
Pattilla
Nahin
Ni
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 01 May 2014 11:03 pm

God I hate it when people come seeking help. Get it, then delete their original message.

What a douche.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 May 2014 11:58 pm

Crusty Curmudgeon to the rescue. Way bye-bye to the OP. He also deleted his initial post as in the initial thread as well, but it just got reinstated also. :wink:

For somebody who claims he makes between 2.5~3M per annum, he really isn't too smart.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 02 May 2014 12:04 am

Good stuff.

[I'm glad I'm not a Mod, my hating *ssholes, would get in the way of being fair lol]

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 02 May 2014 12:35 pm

If he is making 3M per year, why would he want to work for multiple employers?

:roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 May 2014 1:33 pm

I wondered about the same thing, but again, depends on what they were going to offer him, I suppose. Half a mil for a month's work, perhaps?