Singapore Expats

Pet Relocation from UK to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
joannajane
Regular
Regular

Pet Relocation from UK to Singapore

Post by joannajane » Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:24 am

Hi all,

I've been looking through this forum (you'll normally find me on the PR thread) for some answers and I hope you can help. I've read the quarantine sticky but whilst the information is great, it's not really relevant to me as I've read that from the UK... there is no quarantine for cats?

Can anyone recommend a good service for pet transportation from Heathrow to Singapore? We are absolutely beside ourselves with stress at the idea of shoving our two 16 year old indoor cats on a plane for 14 hours. They have lived an entirely relaxed and carefree existence and have probably only left the family house about 8 times in their entire life. We are so worried, and still toying with the idea.

Basically I moved to Singapore about 3 years ago, but my parents (where the cats live) made a decision several years prior to retire in Penang. They have the apartment and visas... but have sort of been hanging around in the UK due to the cats! We've finally made a family decision this year to bring them to me in Singapore so my parents can pack up and move.

But we are at a loss as to how to approach the situation. I'm hoping there are some people here who have been through the process and have some advice and recommendations :)

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:30 am

Forgot to add there's also the option to bring them out in cargo on one of my parents trips over... but from what I've researched they'd have to fly Air France or Lufthansa? Not sure if the stopover affects quarantine? Would love to hear some stories from both sides, and experiences!

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 4:14 pm

From what I recall, a stop off does affect quarantine. The animals are let out but under supervision.

We used pet travel services in Scotland but they do organise transportation from Heathrow and Gatwick, our dog flew from Heathrow with them and they were good.

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 2:58 pm

Hannieroo wrote:From what I recall, a stop off does affect quarantine. The animals are let out but under supervision.

We used pet travel services in Scotland but they do organise transportation from Heathrow and Gatwick, our dog flew from Heathrow with them and they were good.
Thanks so much for your response. We've enquired with 'pet relocation' but it's always great to have options!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Re: Pet Relocation from UK to Singapore

Post by BillyB » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 8:56 pm

joannajane wrote:Hi all,

I've been looking through this forum (you'll normally find me on the PR thread) for some answers and I hope you can help. I've read the quarantine sticky but whilst the information is great, it's not really relevant to me as I've read that from the UK... there is no quarantine for cats?

Can anyone recommend a good service for pet transportation from Heathrow to Singapore? We are absolutely beside ourselves with stress at the idea of shoving our two 16 year old indoor cats on a plane for 14 hours. They have lived an entirely relaxed and carefree existence and have probably only left the family house about 8 times in their entire life. We are so worried, and still toying with the idea.

Basically I moved to Singapore about 3 years ago, but my parents (where the cats live) made a decision several years prior to retire in Penang. They have the apartment and visas... but have sort of been hanging around in the UK due to the cats! We've finally made a family decision this year to bring them to me in Singapore so my parents can pack up and move.

But we are at a loss as to how to approach the situation. I'm hoping there are some people here who have been through the process and have some advice and recommendations :)
Put them in business or first........