Singapore Expats

Student pass for my girl

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Ivy ai hui

Student pass for my girl

Post by Ivy ai hui » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 3:09 pm

Hi, good day everyone.

My husband and I are currently staying in singapore. My husband is PR while I am EP holder. We are both Malaysians.

We plan to enrol my girl in child care but she is just 2 and a half years old. Can I apply student pass for her? I read across that it can only been apply when she is 4 years old?i am confused.

if things happen like that, then I will apply long term visit pass for her.

Thanks for help.appreciate for advice.

merichan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by merichan » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 5:13 pm

What is your daughter current status?

DP on your EP? In that case she can attend kindergarten on her DP

LTVP on your hubby's PR? In that case once she gets accepted in a child care ( you can only apply in one that has the authorisation to apply for student pass) the child care will apply for student pass.

You can find children as young as 9months old on Student Pass... As LTVP holders are not allowed to attend anything it's the only way.

Ivy ai hui

Post by Ivy ai hui » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 9:41 pm

Hi,,thanks for your reply.

Can the student pass i just apply on her independently mean just the student pass and without ltvp or dependant pass?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 10:05 pm

Nobody is allowed to be on more than one pass at a time. If/when she is issued a student pass, her LTVP or DP will be cancelled until such time as her student pass is no longer valid. At the point she will have to re-apply for the LTVP or DP as the case may be.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 11:23 am

You can apply LTVP for her and once it is approved , you can apply a student pass LOC tied to the LTVP pass. But LTVP for PR dependents is only for a year, so you may need to renew LTVP and LOC yearly. If a stand alone student pass is granted, it can have a longer duration.

Ivy ai hui

Post by Ivy ai hui » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks for the reply.really help me a lot especially been so stress and confused these few days.