Singapore Expats

What makes you happy?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 28 Apr 2014 9:25 pm

Things that make me happy:

1. sour skittles
2. buying a new cd ( yes I still buy music CD's )
3. riding a motor bike to nowhere
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 3:30 pm

My children and my dog.
My friends.
Watching the sun set or rise.
Really loud dance music.
I had a piñata for my birthday. I can't tell you the joy bashing the absolute crap out of a pink unicorn gave me. Buy one.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 3:38 pm

did i mention a chai and cigarette? ok i stopped smoking a year ago but still it was my one little pleasure I really miss. :cry:

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 3:44 pm

A fag and a Dr Pepper. Or coffee or g&t. Combine that with David Guetta and a sunset and I'm a happy camper.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 3:54 pm

And halloumi. A cheese you can fry that squeaks when you eat it? That's joy.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 4:11 pm

Hannieroo wrote:A fag and a Dr Pepper. Or coffee or g&t. Combine that with David Guetta and a sunset and I'm a happy camper.
What makes me a happy camper? A Schmidt Scout in a perfect sniping location every time I play Counter Strike.

But it has been so long since I last played.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 4:14 pm

Yeah. Getting 3 stars on angry birds on the first try.

GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 4:36 pm

God and family. Irreplaceable and the reason why I bother.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 4:36 pm

hangover breakfasts!

Snave_90

Post by Snave_90 » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 9:15 pm

Hope you have followed some of the suggestions above and are feeling happier now :)

When I'm feeling down I like to make my favourite foods, listen to my favourite song on repeat and talk to my family on skype,.

I also think it can make you feel better if you give someone a compliment :) and it will make them happy as well

nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by nanana » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:28 pm

Mad Scientist wrote: Getting shag ?
yet to find anyone with 'shag-able' quality, and don't intend to pay for one..

Killing someone?
not a fan of Dexter, but I did kill lotsa rodents/mice all in the name of Science. Didn't give me any thrill though.

Being an a*sehole?
Yet to master that skill.

All the above makes me happy and sad, day in day out
[/color]

@JR8: sad after listening to that pink Floyd's song!

@Hannieroo: Dr. Pepper? Seriously?! We had this 'iron gut' competition during the uni orientation week. I remembered I had to lie on my tummy and finished the whole can of Dr. Pepper. Oh Man! Think I could easily finish a whole pint of Guinness in that position than gulping half can of Dr. Pepper!

@Dert42: I do enjoy a drink or two...but certainly can't afford to drink til can't feel a thing. Drinks in SG are soooo over priced.

@Fortan: might give no.4 a try. Though the last time I hit the club was probably more than 10 yrs ago? Is moonwalking still the coolest dance move?

Nevertheless, I really appreciate all of you for sharing. It certainly lifted up my mood a lil bit :). I agree with some of you to have something different for a change. I was just feeling like.... being thrown into sea, not drowning, but I had to keep on swimming in order to reach the shore... which is quite tiring sometimes as I can't see where the shore is at the moment. Am in the process of sorting out my life. Hopefully something good will come along soon.

and please.. if you do come across clips or any jokes that are sickening funny, please share it here. I want to be able to laugh again...hysterically..like a mad person. that will certainly make me feel good.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 1:30 am

Cooking together at friend's kitchen, taking in the aromatic fragrances and chopping away at the ingredients. And then sharing the food. Oh boy, must be centuries ago since I work alongside someone in the kitchen. It reminds me how good life can be.

Watching "My Neighbor Totoro".

Movie night at home with family.

Going to bath house, all nude and naked. No (clothes) barrier between me and the other bathers.

Get my daily dose of wisdom from my daughter.
Me: are you excited about your birthday party?.
She: yes
Me: when I was a little girl and I have an event coming up, I would be so excited that I could not sleep.
She: me too, so I tell myself the party is cancelled and then I am able to go to sleep :mrgreen:

Visiting temple.

Drinking sweet and milky pearl tea.

Listening to 95.8 Singapore radio from my home in USA

Just saw this video. Life !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPSAgs-exfQ

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 6:10 am

Making pasta from scratch with homemade sauce, opening up a good bottle of wine (hard to find here), and watching either The Sopranos or Godfather I / II on the sofa with my honey during a rainstorm….Bliss….

Or….Getting a good run (or even fast walk) in on the treadmill (I still haven't mastered outdoor exercise here - too hot).

These two aren't mutually exclusive, and both give me that good "high endorphin" feeling….

Good luck to you, nanana - hope you're able to pull yourself out of your doldrums - life is just too damn short!

Take care -
Last edited by uscate on Wed, 30 Apr 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 8:21 am

nanana wrote:sad after listening to that pink Floyd's song!
Can't blame you for that, as a self-professed expert on that particular musical outfit, it always surprises me that people who like them seem to mention that song first and not (what I would consider) their better, less morbid, stuff.

For something from them a bit more uplifting try "San Tropez", just be sure when you do to have a drink in your hand sitting by the pool, and it will fit the mood. And there are more of course.....

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 9:36 am

Life is dry, interspersed with days of great joy or sadness. You just need to find the little things that make you happy. A great smelling shower gel, a TV show, all those kind of things inject a little cheer into days that on the whole are fairly routine.