Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship Approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
trashmaker

Post by trashmaker » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 3:09 pm

a
Last edited by trashmaker on Tue, 29 Dec 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 3:36 pm

Yeah, he's a troll. They happen here occasionally, and usually bring their sour grapes with them.

As far as the OP is concerned, yeah, gaining Citizenship, even if via family ties would normally be given a waiver at the age of 30 also they still has to register and if warranted, could still be called up in an emergency. This will probably change in the next couple of years with those gaining citizenship, even via the PTS scheme, will have to do some sort of community service if not NS proper. At least that's the rumblings I'm getting via the grassroots organization I belong to.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 3:49 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, he's a troll. They happen here occasionally, and usually bring their sour grapes with them.

As far as the OP is concerned, yeah, gaining Citizenship, even if via family ties would normally be given a waiver at the age of 30 also they still has to register and if warranted, could still be called up in an emergency. This will probably change in the next couple of years with those gaining citizenship, even via the PTS scheme, will have to do some sort of community service if not NS proper. At least that's the rumblings I'm getting via the grassroots organization I belong to.
I would welcome this move. This is a better way of leveling the ground rather than snatching away rights from PRs.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 4:07 pm

Wd40 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, he's a troll. They happen here occasionally, and usually bring their sour grapes with them.

I would welcome this move. This is a better way of leveling the ground rather than snatching away rights from PRs.
I suspect they'll continue to hit PRs as well as introducing the kind of requirements SMS mentioned, in an attempt to further placate the rabid xenophobes among the population ahead of the next GE. But, as SMS often says, it's their ball game, their ball, their ball park, etc...
Be careful what you wish for

kcsyfne

Re: Singapore Citizenship Approved

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:40 am

cafe.inspiron wrote:Hi All

Just sharing my profile with all , as the forum was of great help to me earlier

Profile:
Indian , in singapore since 2007 , PR since 2009
NTU - MSc
Age - 29
Single , when applied
Processing - 1 year 4 months
Industry - Construction

Hope this info helps 8-)
Did you renew your REP before the approval? I'm also PR since 2009. Applied for SC since July 2013. No outcome yet. REP expires May 2014. Still hesitating if i should renew my REP or try my luck to wait for the outcome for another month (April).

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:41 am

cafe.inspiron wrote:Had applied in 2011 and was rejected in 2012 , reapplied soon after. No NS
Which month in 2011 and which month in 2012? How many months did you waited?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:09 am

Pretty silly gamble if you ask me. What's a couple of bucks if you want citizenship? :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cafe.inspiron

Post by cafe.inspiron » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 9:03 pm

kcsyfne wrote:
cafe.inspiron wrote:Had applied in 2011 and was rejected in 2012 , reapplied soon after. No NS
Which month in 2011 and which month in 2012? How many months did you waited?

forgot the month...but waited around 1-2 months before applying in 2012

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 2:19 pm

Did you renew your REP. I got my PR since 2009 too. My REP expires May 2015. My SC application is still pending. Applied on July 2013. Hesitating if i should renew my REP or not.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 2:41 pm

kcsyfne wrote:Did you renew your REP. I got my PR since 2009 too. My REP expires May 2015. My SC application is still pending. Applied on July 2013. Hesitating if i should renew my REP or not.
You may as well renew. But then again I don't think it will make any difference if you don't. Because it just means that you can't travel out of Singapore, that's all.