Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Keith Toh

Re: SIA Interview on 26th April 2014

Post by Keith Toh » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 4:08 pm

Gist wrote:
Keith Toh wrote:I just went for the interview today and got rejected on the 3rd round (Skin Check) due to my teeth. Well, it really depends on luck. I heard from my friend that some with gapped teeth or crooked teeth got in. Well, looks like the interviewer i got is very strict. But well, it was a nice experience though. shall try it again.

All the best to those who went today.

Best of luck!!!
I think I met someone called Keith (from Group 2, I think?) today, not sure if you're the one. Similarly got booted out on the Grooming round, I guess I was slouching a little and wasn't smiling brightly. Oh well, let's try harder next time!
Well, that wasn't me. I was from group 39. haha. ya man. If i get rejected in the next interview due to teeth again, i might fix my teeth and go for it again. It depends on luck. The one who checked is the fat guy right? he is so strict man.

Gist

Post by Gist » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 4:19 pm

Keith Toh wrote:
Gist wrote:
Keith Toh wrote:I just went for the interview today and got rejected on the 3rd round (Skin Check) due to my teeth. Well, it really depends on luck. I heard from my friend that some with gapped teeth or crooked teeth got in. Well, looks like the interviewer i got is very strict. But well, it was a nice experience though. shall try it again.

All the best to those who went today.

Best of luck!!!
I think I met someone called Keith (from Group 2, I think?) today, not sure if you're the one. Similarly got booted out on the Grooming round, I guess I was slouching a little and wasn't smiling brightly. Oh well, let's try harder next time!
Well, that wasn't me. I was from group 39. haha. ya man. If i get rejected in the next interview due to teeth again, i might fix my teeth and go for it again. It depends on luck. The one who checked is the fat guy right? he is so strict man.
Oh, will invisalign help?

Yeah... Not the fat guy, but a pretty experienced looking lady. She asked me walk and smile, I was pretty awkward, so yeah... Anyway, heard that the next recruitment will be in July? So long man... D:

Keith Toh

Post by Keith Toh » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 4:32 pm

Gist wrote:
Keith Toh wrote:
Gist wrote: I think I met someone called Keith (from Group 2, I think?) today, not sure if you're the one. Similarly got booted out on the Grooming round, I guess I was slouching a little and wasn't smiling brightly. Oh well, let's try harder next time!

Yeah... Not the fat guy, but a pretty experienced looking lady. She asked me walk and smile, I was pretty awkward, so yeah... Anyway, heard that the next recruitment will be in July? So long man... D:
Oh. Hmm i not sure. At first he asked "have u worn braces before", i was like cant really hear him, so i said "sorry" and he ask me again, i told him i have not worn before and he asked me to get my teeth fix. But on my thought, is he asking whether "will u wear braces" or "have u worn braces", cause i heard "worn" so i assume is that (have u worn braces) question. Probably i should tell him that i will book appointment and put on braces, but i was too nervous to even think of it. Probably they also will try to make u give up, so i guess, be confident.

I see. Well, too nervous? haha. u got no problem for your teeth right?

Keith Toh

Post by Keith Toh » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 4:36 pm

July? so long? where did u heard it from?

Gist

Post by Gist » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 5:17 pm

Keith Toh wrote:
Gist wrote:
Keith Toh wrote:

Oh. Hmm i not sure. At first he asked "have u worn braces before", i was like cant really hear him, so i said "sorry" and he ask me again, i told him i have not worn before and he asked me to get my teeth fix. But on my thought, is he asking whether "will u wear braces" or "have u worn braces", cause i heard "worn" so i assume is that (have u worn braces) question. Probably i should tell him that i will book appointment and put on braces, but i was too nervous to even think of it. Probably they also will try to make u give up, so i guess, be confident.

Yeah, or probably you should have told him that you are planning to have the braces soon? I mean they might just put you in KIV or something, I dont know. Hahaha.

I guess so, I should have just stay calm... Nope, I've no issues with my teeth. But the lady asked me if the black spots on my arms are moles, and yes of course ._. I wonder if that had affected my assessment? I have like 4 and 2 on each side of my arm.

Hmm, some other candidates told me. Not sure about the credibility...

Keith Toh

Post by Keith Toh » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 5:38 pm

Gist wrote:
Keith Toh wrote:
Gist wrote: Oh, will invisalign help?

Yeah, or probably you should have told him that you are planning to have the braces soon? I mean they might just put you in KIV or something, I dont know. Hahaha.

I guess so, I should have just stay calm... Nope, I've no issues with my teeth. But the lady asked me if the black spots on my arms are moles, and yes of course ._. I wonder if that had affected my assessment? I have like 4 and 2 on each side of my arm.

Ya. Should at least tell them. Wasted man. I was too nervous till i nvr really think and i just smile and acknowledge him. sian. I should have mention it out man.

Hmm. Don think so but cause u mention u are slouching when u do a catwalk, so i think that is the reason. U have to be confident, stand straight (but not so straight to the extend) and just walk normally. haha. well. lets try again for the next interview man. no choice. What was the question u are given?

Oh. i see. well, see how it goes. maybe early june? Depends whether did they hit the requirement today cause last month 15th March also got one interview and this month also have means a lot candidates have failed on the day. so we shall see how it goes man.

Gist

Post by Gist » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 6:13 pm

Keith Toh wrote:
Gist wrote:
Keith Toh wrote: Oh. Hmm i not sure. At first he asked "have u worn braces before", i was like cant really hear him, so i said "sorry" and he ask me again, i told him i have not worn before and he asked me to get my teeth fix. But on my thought, is he asking whether "will u wear braces" or "have u worn braces", cause i heard "worn" so i assume is that (have u worn braces) question. Probably i should tell him that i will book appointment and put on braces, but i was too nervous to even think of it. Probably they also will try to make u give up, so i guess, be confident.

Ya. Should at least tell them. Wasted man. I was too nervous till i nvr really think and i just smile and acknowledge him. sian. I should have mention it out man.

Hmm. Don think so but cause u mention u are slouching when u do a catwalk, so i think that is the reason. U have to be confident, stand straight (but not so straight to the extend) and just walk normally. haha. well. lets try again for the next interview man. no choice. What was the question u are given?

Oh. i see. well, see how it goes. maybe early june? Depends whether did they hit the requirement today cause last month 15th March also got one interview and this month also have means a lot candidates have failed on the day. so we shall see how it goes man.
Hahaha always the case. Yeah... Mine was pretty straightforward, it was 'if I had a million dollar what would I do with it?'. What about yours?

I hope so, let's keep our fingers crossed! :)

Keith Toh

Post by Keith Toh » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 6:37 pm

Gist wrote:
Keith Toh wrote:
Gist wrote: Yeah, or probably you should have told him that you are planning to have the braces soon? I mean they might just put you in KIV or something, I dont know. Hahaha.

Hahaha always the case. Yeah... Mine was pretty straightforward, it was 'if I had a million dollar what would I do with it?'. What about yours?

ya man. don know why SQ so strict about teeth but still got candidates get in. Probably the interviewer guy not in the right mood? haha.

Mine was "what is your favorite color, and why?". Got candidates speak very well but didnt get in.

Everything also must see luck man.

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 9:16 pm

Keith Toh wrote:
Gist wrote:
Keith Toh wrote: Ya. Should at least tell them. Wasted man. I was too nervous till i nvr really think and i just smile and acknowledge him. sian. I should have mention it out man.

ya man. don know why SQ so strict about teeth but still got candidates get in. Probably the interviewer guy not in the right mood? haha.

Mine was "what is your favorite color, and why?". Got candidates speak very well but didnt get in.

Hi guys, sorry to interupt. I'm not sure about the condition of your teeth so I cant really comment. But if your teeth is really the problem, they'll advice you to fix it before they pass you. Chances of KIV is more for people who are already in their last few months of braces. But you can still try to mention you don't mind invisalign and see how. Haha

And also, there were indeed many people who failed the interview on 15 March, but quite a lot passed as well until the extent that they couldn't fit everyone into the next day for their final round at STC. Hence, they could be stricter this time because of that.

I'm currently on KIV and a staff told me the next walk-in interview will be in July. Long wait, but yea what to do.. :-| Well nothing's confirmed yet, they might bring forward the next interview depending on this round's outcome..?

Couldn't agree more with the luck part. Keep trying! :)

Keith Toh

Post by Keith Toh » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 9:29 pm

MeganL wrote:
Keith Toh wrote:
Gist wrote: Hahaha always the case. Yeah... Mine was pretty straightforward, it was 'if I had a million dollar what would I do with it?'. What about yours?

Hi guys, sorry to interupt. I'm not sure about the condition of your teeth so I cant really comment. But if your teeth is really the problem, they'll advice you to fix it before they pass you. Chances of KIV is more for people who are already in their last few months of braces. But you can still try to mention you don't mind invisalign and see how. Haha

And also, there were indeed many people who failed the interview on 15 March, but quite a lot passed as well until the extent that they couldn't fit everyone into the next day for their final round at STC. Hence, they could be stricter this time because of that.

I'm currently on KIV and a staff told me the next walk-in interview will be in July. Long wait, but yea what to do.. :-| Well nothing's confirmed yet, they might bring forward the next interview depending on this round's outcome..?

Couldn't agree more with the luck part. Keep trying! :)
Yup Yup. True. Maybe i will try the next round interview and if they say about my teeth again, then i will just answer that instead of just acknowledging the interviewer.

See how it goes. normally how long will they KIV?

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Sun, 27 Apr 2014 1:44 am

Keith Toh wrote: Yup Yup. True. Maybe i will try the next round interview and if they say about my teeth again, then i will just answer that instead of just acknowledging the interviewer.

Usually within the next 1 or 2 recruitment exercise(s). Was hoping the next one to be in June, at least not that far away haha.

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Sun, 27 Apr 2014 2:52 pm

MeganL wrote:
Keith Toh wrote: Yup Yup. True. Maybe i will try the next round interview and if they say about my teeth again, then i will just answer that instead of just acknowledging the interviewer.

Usually within the next 1 or 2 recruitment exercise(s). Was hoping the next one to be in June, at least not that far away haha.

It's unfortunately in july. One of them girls who got Kiv earlier was informed that it'd be in july.. just not sure if it'd early, mid or late July. . Hope this helps

Keith Toh

Post by Keith Toh » Sun, 27 Apr 2014 7:06 pm

manythoughts wrote:
MeganL wrote:

It's unfortunately in july. One of them girls who got Kiv earlier was informed that it'd be in july.. just not sure if it'd early, mid or late July. . Hope this helps
Thanks for the information. :)). Usually they KIV for what reason ah??

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Sun, 27 Apr 2014 9:05 pm

Keith Toh wrote:
manythoughts wrote:
MeganL wrote: Usually within the next 1 or 2 recruitment exercise(s). Was hoping the next one to be in June, at least not that far away haha.

The usual cases would be the cause of skin problems/ braces / weight issues?

Keith Toh

Post by Keith Toh » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 9:35 am

manythoughts wrote:
Keith Toh wrote:
manythoughts wrote:
The usual cases would be the cause of skin problems/ braces / weight issues?
I see. But just wondering, it is so strange when people said that if u have gapped/crooked teeth, u might even get booted out in round 1 but I managed to pass the round. Maybe I should mention that I will book appointment and put braces/invasilign, cause I think every interviewer will try to make u give up to test your determination and tolerance, maybe? Haha.