Singapore Expats

Does anyone live near Thompson Plaza?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
asia16

Does anyone live near Thompson Plaza?

Post by asia16 » Mon, 24 Feb 2014 4:36 pm

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone lives near Thompson Plaza? I had some questions about the area and also wondering if anyone commutes into the raffles area everyday.

Thx :-)

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 8:05 pm

south-bound roads are crazy from about 8 and go mad until 9'ish (after 9.30AM). it probably starts from sembawang but begins to jam up after tagore lane, passing thomson plaza, to (at least) lornie road. the jam starts again just as before you hit queensway - up to bukit merah/alexandra road.

north-bound roads are crazy from about 5'ish and begin from queensway until sembawang. okay by 7'ish (close to 8PM), but god forbid if there's an accident on the PIE (either direction) or flyover.

i drive from alexandra road to upper thomson very regularly but not always during peak hours. if you're a defensive (ballsy) driver, it's manageable on most days once you know where the gaps and unmarked left (bus) lanes are.

without traffic (say, 5AM), the fastest i can make it from sentosa to thomson plaza (alexandra-farrer-thomson road) is under 16 minutes. the longest i've taken is probably 40-45 minutes.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

asia16

Post by asia16 » Wed, 26 Feb 2014 9:14 am

Thank you so much Taxico for the info really appreciate it :-)

blue bucket

Love this place!

Post by blue bucket » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 2:18 pm

I've lived here for close to 7 years - love the place! worked at Tanjong Pagar and Orchard and both are easily accessible from home. Direct buses take about 35-40 mins (on a bad day) to CBD and the train (from Marymount) is a bit faster

asia16

Post by asia16 » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 2:20 pm

Thank You!

thecookieguy

Post by thecookieguy » Sun, 20 Apr 2014 11:42 pm

Good location but far from the train station!