Singapore Expats

A good bank to consider for Corporate customer

Discuss the different banking options, rates, offers and perks.
stevenson82

A good bank to consider for Corporate customer

Post by stevenson82 » Fri, 18 Apr 2014 8:20 am

Can anyone recommend a good bank in Singapore for corporate banking?

I am currently using UOB but it is quite bad. I am constantly getting login errors whenever I try to access internet banking. It is also very difficult to get to their customer service.

I am thinking to switch to OCBC or DBS or any other foreign banks. Anyone has any experience?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 18 Apr 2014 9:51 am

I've used UOB for years and am satisfied. While their customer service procedures can be painful, they are not much different than the other banks.

Online wise, and unless things have changed, UOB's facilities are far superior to, and cheaper than most other banks in town. The SC rep flat out told me their online banking facilities were not as good.

OCBC facilities I did not like at all. Maybe they have changed. You really need to be able to login and see what the online system looks like. UOB is best in my opinion.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Fri, 18 Apr 2014 6:32 pm

OCBC changed their Velocity ebanking a few months ago and it's a little tricky to get used to. It's far from perfect, not very intuitive (well, it's Singapore after all) and I'm not entirely liking the experience.

My UOB is only personal ebanking but I find it easier to use, and I've never had any technical problems with it.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Apr 2014 7:55 pm

Yeah, we made the switch from OCBC Velocity 1.0 to 2.0 earlier this week. Not sure I'm liking it too much. But I'll give it some time before I curse them.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Re: A good bank to consider for Corporate customer

Post by taxico » Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:52 pm

stevenson82 wrote:...I am currently using UOB but it is quite bad. I am constantly getting login errors whenever I try to access internet banking. It is also very difficult to get to their customer service.

I am thinking to switch to OCBC or DBS or any other foreign banks. Anyone has any experience?
one of my business account is with DBS. their online banking is horrible. i shut down another account with them a few months ago and went to UOB where i do my personal banking.

it's better than DBS IMO. i've not tried OCBC but i'm thinking about it...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam