Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
puffygoonkz

Post by puffygoonkz » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:46 pm

manythoughts wrote:
staxtics wrote:Hey for those who went for the day 2 interview at STC on 5 Jan and 16 March, based on your experience, how hard is this round and what is the percentage of people getting through?

Also did you give a short or a long answer in regards to the questions asked? For someone who isn't very fluent and not being able to provide a long answer, what can you advice? Trying to minimise "textbook" answers.[/quote

got to nail it or else the next interview appears to be ages away! It's a pity that we would miss out of the 26th interview if we don't make it on the 27th! :(

I'd like to know more about the 2 to 1 interview too if any of you could share in detail with regards to the questions asked besides the self intro and more common questions?
Me too! Thanks!

XalaskaX

Post by XalaskaX » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:40 am

manythoughts wrote:
Thinkofme wrote:Hi all! :) how was skin check round got those that went for the 15th march interview? Were they really particular about any specific things? thanks!

one of the girls in my group got asked to have her teeth fixed. So I reckon good skin and teeth? Also , while checking they may ask you a question or two..just be sure to reply politely with a smile.

They'd check your frontal , left and right profile...then the front and back of your hands and forearm...followed by a shot walk (approximately 3 to 5 m) to and fro. And that's about it?
Hi there, may I ask what's the issue with the girl's teeth? And by fix do they mean to put on braces (assuming it's alignment problem) and to try again 2 or 3 years later when it's completed or do they allow crews to wear invisalign?

hellolololo

Post by hellolololo » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:54 am

puffygoonkz wrote:
manythoughts wrote:
staxtics wrote:Hey for those who went for the day 2 interview at STC on 5 Jan and 16 March, based on your experience, how hard is this round and what is the percentage of people getting through?

Also did you give a short or a long answer in regards to the questions asked? For someone who isn't very fluent and not being able to provide a long answer, what can you advice? Trying to minimise "textbook" answers.[/quote

got to nail it or else the next interview appears to be ages away! It's a pity that we would miss out of the 26th interview if we don't make it on the 27th! :(

I'd like to know more about the 2 to 1 interview too if any of you could share in detail with regards to the questions asked besides the self intro and more common questions?
Me too! Thanks!
Just do your best. Minimise any grammar error. Prepare to get questions like 'why SIA?' or 'Why Cabin Crew?' or they will ask about your past working experience.

I'm from 15th March batch, the amount of people was booted out during the first day was almost 2/3 of the whole population. When I went for the 2nd day at STC. I was told to go at about 1.30pm. Out of maybe around 30 pax, only less than 10 managed to pass all rounds.

FluffyPanda

Post by FluffyPanda » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:40 am

MeganL wrote:
Oh that's good! I also didn't want to wait thatttt long but since I've a few pigmentation spots on my back and need to get rid of them, it'll be better for me to attend the one in July because by then I'll hv completed my treatment and have the almost perfect skin that they want :p I think telling them that I'm going through the treatment is probably my saving grace, if not I might have failed kebaya round already. Hehe. If you don't mind, please do share about your review!. Good luck to you! :)
Yea I think its better to attend the next one as well. Don't want to jeopardize your chances and fail the kebaya round when you have come this far. Hopefully your skin will be perfectly smooth by then! =D Same! During the first day skin check, I said the same thing as well. And the lady was really nice as well advising me on how to take care of my skin. I definitely will. Hopefully I can pass it and go on to medical check up which will be the last nerve wrecking round! Thanks! Good luck to you too! =)

puffygoonkz

Post by puffygoonkz » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:34 pm

hellolololo wrote:
puffygoonkz wrote:
manythoughts wrote: Me too! Thanks!
Just do your best. Minimise any grammar error. Prepare to get questions like 'why SIA?' or 'Why Cabin Crew?' or they will ask about your past working experience.

I'm from 15th March batch, the amount of people was booted out during the first day was almost 2/3 of the whole population. When I went for the 2nd day at STC. I was told to go at about 1.30pm. Out of maybe around 30 pax, only less than 10 managed to pass all rounds.
Sounds so scary. Wonder what they actually look out for. Hopefully I can make it this time round to redeem myself. All the best everyone!

FluffyPanda

Post by FluffyPanda » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:39 pm

Thinkofme wrote:Hi all! :) how was skin check round got those that went for the 15th march interview? Were they really particular about any specific things? thanks!
Hi there!! I think besides having a good skin, it also depends on the chemistry you have with the interviewers. Just put on a genuine smile at all times. Even when they aren't looking. You may never know when you will be evaluated. Don't think they require a prefect set of teeth but as long when you smile, your teeth looks ok then its fine. Try and conceal any visible scars you have on your face,neck,shoulders front and back, arms and legs from knee and below.(More for Kebaya fitting) Even those visible crease line you have on your upper body. One of my friend was rejected because she had this lighter shade colour of crease line below her neck which she never knew existed. It wasn't a scar at all. Or maybe there are other factors that she didnt get it but we really wouldnt know why. Another girl got rejected during the kebaya round because she had a tattoo behind her back. Although its perfectly covered by the kebaya but the interviewers will pull the kebaya slightly and look inside. So just conceal everything! Don't forget to sleep early the night before as they check for dark cirlces and eye bags as well. Some blemishes on the skin is still ok as long its not visible. But if its severe, you can still pass but probably put on the KIV list which I am currently under. Hehe. I have seen people with good skin condition failing. Was super surprised by it and terrified for myself as my skin isn't exactly baby butt smooth. So it all really depends on how the interviewer feel about you. My advise is don't take any risk and present your best. And try to walk as ladylike as you can. Stand straight and walk with a good body posture. Hope this helps. 1 week plus more to go. Good luck to you and the rest who are attending the interview! =D

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 1:05 pm

hellolololo wrote:
puffygoonkz wrote:
manythoughts wrote: Me too! Thanks!

Yea heard that the passing rate for 2 to 1 interview was terribly low!! Thanks for your help dear!

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 7:45 pm

manythoughts wrote:
hellolololo wrote:
puffygoonkz wrote: Me too! Thanks!

Yea heard that the passing rate for 2 to 1 interview was terribly low!! Thanks for your help dear!
They'll ask anything about you that interests them, eg your family/work. Depending on how and what you answer, they'll then ask you something else. For example if you mentioned you're having a desk-bound job currently, they may probe into why you want to leave that stable job and join cabin crew instead. Sometimes they'll ask questions which'll put you down to see how you react to negativity. Just maintain your composure and answer carefully, and try to treat it like a chit-chat session so you don't get too nervous :)

Slapoutxx

Post by Slapoutxx » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 8:25 pm

Reading all these post's just makes the interview process sound so much scarier! Those with experience could you just advice me if the interviewers are very strict about the skin check? Let's say if i have very visible scars(stitch scars or birthmarks) on the leg would that absolutely kill my chances of getting selected? Though the Kebaya would cover it...

Slapoutxx

Post by Slapoutxx » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 8:36 pm

puffygoonkz wrote:Ah, I see, I guess I'll just keep going until my birthday then. Thank you! Hope to meet those of you going on the 26th too! =)

@Slapoutxx: Wow! 6am is very early! I'm still thinking if I should go early or go just before closing. I went at about 10am the previous time. The queue was so long that it snaked all the way outside the hotel lobby! By the time I was done with all the rounds on Saturday, it was already about 4:30pm. Going early means one might have to give up some beauty sleep - want to make sure the eye bags don't show. Hahaha. But going early does have its advantages I guess - don't have to wait so long.

@Gist: I don't have much experience since I've only tried once but I'll share based on my observations previously. People generally do pass round 1 if they speak confidently, express themselves well in English and give the interviewers a big, wide and genuine smile. =) While waiting outside the room, I've seen some groups where as many as 6-7 people actually made it to the next round. Hope this helps!
Apparently a candidate who went at 6am was like the 10th person in line. I'm just going earlier so that I don't get scared looking at crowd. The last this any of us need is our competition bringing our confidence down.

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 8:55 pm

[quote="Slapoutxx"
Apparently a candidate who went at 6am was like the 10th person in line. I'm just going earlier so that I don't get scared looking at crowd. The last this any of us need is our competition bringing our confidence down.[/quote]

6am is insane! I went at 7 and even had a coffee to freshen up at the buffet line. Just gotta look and walk professionally (for guys ag least) when you walk around. On top of all the tips, I recommend a nice bag (no haversacks or cartoon ones pleasee) and brush shine up your shoes. Ladies, go easy on the make up and put on a million dollar smile wherever u go. Remember to look into the eyes of whoever you are talking to, and try to give half of your attention to each of the interviewers.

Oh another point to add is your body language, no slouching when sitting or hunching when standing. Hand movements help too when u are speaking (almost 70% of a listener's attention is given to the body language of a speaker).

Annnd keep calm! Someone actually fainted on the 15th march during first interview :/

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 8:58 pm

Oh and to those with scoliosis, my friend who have tht problem has gotten his call already. So dont worry about it :)

I can share my experience if yall need any. Just send me a PM (Y)

Slapoutxx

Post by Slapoutxx » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 9:01 pm

Ceasor wrote:
Slapoutxx wrote: Apparently a candidate who went at 6am was like the 10th person in line. I'm just going earlier so that I don't get scared looking at crowd. The last this any of us need is our competition bringing our confidence down.
6am is insane! I went at 7 and even had a coffee to freshen up at the buffet line. Just gotta look and walk professionally (for guys ag least) when you walk around. On top of all the tips, I recommend a nice bag (no haversacks or cartoon ones pleasee) and brush shine up your shoes. Ladies, go easy on the make up and put on a million dollar smile wherever u go. Remember to look into the eyes of whoever you are talking to, and try to give half of your attention to each of the interviewers.

Oh another point to add is your body language, no slouching when sitting or hunching when standing. Hand movements help too when u are speaking (almost 70% of a listener's attention is given to the body language of a speaker).

Annnd keep calm! Someone actually fainted on the 15th march during first interview :/
Thank you so much for your tips!(: How many pple were in line already when u went at 7am?

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:50 am

MeganL wrote:
manythoughts wrote:
hellolololo wrote: Just do your best. Minimise any grammar error. Prepare to get questions like 'why SIA?' or 'Why Cabin Crew?' or they will ask about your past working experience.

They'll ask anything about you that interests them, eg your family/work. Depending on how and what you answer, they'll then ask you something else. For example if you mentioned you're having a desk-bound job currently, they may probe into why you want to leave that stable job and join cabin crew instead. Sometimes they'll ask questions which'll put you down to see how you react to negativity. Just maintain your composure and answer carefully, and try to treat it like a chit-chat session so you don't get too nervous :)
thanks for the tips!
hope your skin gets better asap!!

puffygoonkz

Post by puffygoonkz » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:33 pm

Slapoutxx wrote:
puffygoonkz wrote:Ah, I see, I guess I'll just keep going until my birthday then. Thank you! Hope to meet those of you going on the 26th too! =)

@Slapoutxx: Wow! 6am is very early! I'm still thinking if I should go early or go just before closing. I went at about 10am the previous time. The queue was so long that it snaked all the way outside the hotel lobby! By the time I was done with all the rounds on Saturday, it was already about 4:30pm. Going early means one might have to give up some beauty sleep - want to make sure the eye bags don't show. Hahaha. But going early does have its advantages I guess - don't have to wait so long.

@Gist: I don't have much experience since I've only tried once but I'll share based on my observations previously. People generally do pass round 1 if they speak confidently, express themselves well in English and give the interviewers a big, wide and genuine smile. =) While waiting outside the room, I've seen some groups where as many as 6-7 people actually made it to the next round. Hope this helps!
Apparently a candidate who went at 6am was like the 10th person in line. I'm just going earlier so that I don't get scared looking at crowd. The last this any of us need is our competition bringing our confidence down.
Hmm, true, you have a point. I'll give it some thought. Might try to be early too. =)