Singapore Expats

1 day Visa to Malaysia

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
m_balakumar

1 day Visa to Malaysia

Post by m_balakumar » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:24 pm

I am working in Singapore and holding employment pass. i want to visit Johar Bahru and buy a Laptop which is available only on Malaysia . is there anyway i can get 1 day Viisa / On Arrival visa to visit and come back to singapore . Please advice .. THank you :D

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 1:53 am

This really depends on which passport you hold (and my spidey sense is tingling "india!")

http://www.kln.gov.my/web/Singapore_singapore ... _foreigner

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 6:45 am

cough cough Visa run cough cough

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 6:58 am

cough, cough, on an EP? Why visa run?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: 1 day Visa to Malaysia

Post by the lynx » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 8:45 am

m_balakumar wrote:I am working in Singapore and holding employment pass. i want to visit Johar Bahru and buy a Laptop which is available only on Malaysia . is there anyway i can get 1 day Viisa / On Arrival visa to visit and come back to singapore . Please advice .. THank you :D
Let's say it is highly inconvenient, you could ask Malaysians or any friend who has no visa restriction in Malaysia to buy it for you.

m_balakumar

Re: 1 day Visa to Malaysia

Post by m_balakumar » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:12 am

the lynx wrote:
m_balakumar wrote:I am working in Singapore and holding employment pass. i want to visit Johar Bahru and buy a Laptop which is available only on Malaysia . is there anyway i can get 1 day Viisa / On Arrival visa to visit and come back to singapore . Please advice .. THank you :D
Let's say it is highly inconvenient, you could ask Malaysians or any friend who has no visa restriction in Malaysia to buy it for you.
Thanks for your advice! i will ask my friend to get it from Johar bahru who stays in woodlands and has MY visa.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:27 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:cough, cough, on an EP? Why visa run?
Who says he really is?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:14 pm

He said he was holding it and working at the same time. By now he could have already dropped it on the floor or something so it's a valid concern.