Singapore Expats

Ukraine is f#cked!!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:31 am

Just a quote from youtube (I'm sorry, its a Russian language video, dun put link here) - old veteran of World War II in Odessa:
In 1942 I was shooting in wrong direction!
:mrgreen:

(after celebration of 70 years after victory in WWII was interrupted by separatists yelling RUSSIA!!! FYI: Ukraine lost 10 mln people in WWII - 1/3 of its population, went all the way to Berlin)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 2:05 pm

What is really bad is that the Ukrainian government already for the 2nd time gave an ultimatum and nothing happened after it. Either it should be announced and later if not respected enforced or you don't give anything like this. It only encourage the militants and disrespect.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 3:32 pm

x9200 wrote:What is really bad is that the Ukrainian government already for the 2nd time gave an ultimatum and nothing happened after it. Either it should be announced and later if not respected enforced or you don't give anything like this. It only encourage the militants and disrespect.
Yes it is. And people in Kiev are rising against this idiotic government again. It really looks like they are just dumping Ukraine region after region so they can remain with some "most loyal" (?) part of Ukraine (current interim govt has most supporters in the West of Ukraine) where they can arrange those miserable presidential elections. As to me, I will be surprised if those elections happen at all.

Some journalists wrote an hour ago that ATO (anti-terrorist operation) is about to commence - mobile connection in Donetsk region will be blocked during ATO. I hope, we will finally start doing something - so far Ukrainian army proved to be a bunch of losers.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 5:37 pm

Ukraine leader says anti-terror operation under way, state media report
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/15/world/eur ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Lets see what happens now. I think, Ukrainian interim government is the worst enemy of Ukraine at the moment and is betraying its own people by its inaction (if not betrayed already and all that is not just a circus to show other Ukrainians that they at least tried something, but it didn't work)

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 6:19 pm

Sergei, I'm so sorry to see all this unfolding in your country. I hope your family and friends will remain safe. Thank you for posting the updates here - it seems to be the only reliable place to find out what's really going on. Let's hope this can all be resolved with minimum bloodshed, but the prospects for that don't look too good at the moment.
Be careful what you wish for

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 7:28 pm

So far they are fine, but of course prices and quality of living in the city plunged down. And even after it is over it is for citizens to pay for the city's recovery by paying taxes and still high consumer good prices.

Mother changed the route she used to commute from home to work - the center of the city is under occupation. People sometimes are just caught outside and asked who do they support. If the answer is "wrong", the are beaten. Marauders, thieves - all activated full scale since police is busy trying to suppress spreading of this mess.

Waiting for ATO to show at least some results. At least to managing ATO a real professional was chosen, not just the one who belongs to ruling party as before - a little bit encouraging.

This is a fresh article (30 min ago):
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3144525/posts
I trust the author.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 7:44 pm

Here - VICE News - city of Luhansk (just next to Donetsk and historically it was one region long in past):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUNVwbp_JSA

I especially agree with the guy in the end. I'm not getting Russian citizenship never in my life!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:14 pm

ATO Kramatorsk. Airport taken, 4 Ukrainian soldiers dead. Not clear how will it turn out in next hours.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:37 pm

20 APCs, 500 soldiers and 2 helicopters have entered Slovyansk just now. Separatists tried to capture the airport in town, but soldiers opened warning fire. It obviously wasn't expected (last 2 days separatists managed to take all objects without or with minimal resistance due to lack of orders from Kiev), so separatists (official term now - terrorists) briefly retreated.

Officially, active phase of ATO hasn't begun yet. These are just preparations.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 2:54 pm

It would appear that it wont be long now .....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27045534

Sad state of affairs.

I was listening the World Service the other day and there are apperently some senior people in the Russian establishment who want Russia to enter another period of isolation from the world :shock:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 5:10 pm

I have no words anymore. Losers and morons! War must start in Kiev with wiping out our interim government.

How can you send an army to Kramatorsk and immediately give up 6 APCs to separatists???

Our troops still have orders to negotiate and not to shoot (wtf!!!???!!!) while other side has clear orders (often even spread online) not to negotiate in any case and shoot to kill right away!

P.S.: Btw, if some if somebody wants to earn some money, Russians accept any video that shows movement of Ukrainian army. The only condition: it should be at least 1 min long. They pay USD 500 per piece. If you are a Russian speaker, you can find who to send your videos online. ](*,)

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 5:26 pm

Jews in Donetsk are taxed $50 per head for ethnicity one time.

All entrepreneurs are taxed $70 per head monthly by "People's Republic of Donetsk"

Soon you'll be able to Google this in English.

Heil Hitler!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:09 pm

http://obozrevatel.com/politics/49618-v ... yatsya.htm

All in Russian, but the video is interesting: a few armored vehicles broke through the mob using following strategy - soldiers took out grenade, pulled pins and holding grenades in their hands told the mob to shoot them if they want. The mob couldn't do anything. They are chasing the tank and APSs now.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 7:31 am

ATO didn't prove its expectations. The soldiers are working in such conditions that it would be a miracle if they achieve at least something. Moronic interim government complicated their task as much as they could, which shows again that Ukraine is just dumped to Putin region by region according to some kind of undisclosed agreement between Russia and our interim morons.

The most dangerous enemy of Ukraine is sitting in Kiev at the moment in parliament building. Until those are killed publicly, Ukraine is at danger to cease to exist.

Good news: in Mariupol military convoy was attacked by armed men with no insignia. Despite their orders from Kiev soldiers opened fire (shoot to kill, not warning fire as they were doing all this time). Militants did not expect that and retreated very fast. Among attackers: looks like well-equipped instructed locals (who knows?) that receive orders from few Russian commanders (according to intelligence, the main Russian forces under cover have retreated to Ukrainian border and regrouping there)

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 8:05 am

This is what brave Russian army does when Putin tells them to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8X5gtOehE