Singapore Expats

Coconut water

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
heliotropic365
Regular
Regular

Post by heliotropic365 » Thu, 16 May 2013 5:30 pm

yep, sodium, magnesium, calcium and potassium are all in sweat..

NikaAddis

Post by NikaAddis » Mon, 06 Jan 2014 5:45 pm

Yeap, I also heard that you lose a lot of minerals and vitamins through constant sweating which often results in permanent tiredness. Drinking water can't always make up for the loss but coconut water is supposed to be really good. I don't know about any brands since we always get "real coconuts" from Giant (approx. S$1.80). You don't get that much liquid out of them but contrary to the bottled drinks I at least know what's in there!

camilleannB

Post by camilleannB » Thu, 06 Feb 2014 2:23 pm

Coco water is a good source to hydrate yourself as well as it has nutrients your body needs.

safronova

Post by safronova » Fri, 07 Feb 2014 10:09 am

There's also Jax Coco and Coco Water - the former I've seen at Salad Stop and the latter at some yoga studios!

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sat, 01 Mar 2014 9:35 pm

They sell coconuts all over the place on serangoon road if you don't like shopping in Mustafa, tekka market, at the intersection of hindoo rd and serangoon, opp the main temple on serangoon rd, near the komala Vilas restaurant next to Mustafa, natural coconut water > canned stuff..
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Aussie Guy 26

Post by Aussie Guy 26 » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 9:30 pm

I am with you JR8 & WanWanWan

Why buy anything in a package when you can buy a real food, aside from all the green environmental aspects, packaging, transport, extra cost to consumer etc.

Coconut water and the meat is great for you. (everything within balance of course)

However if it is for general hydration, nothing is better than good water.

The only time you really need anything else is for pleasing your taste buds or re-hydration after a big workout. Otherwise it is just empty calories.